Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ? >

Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?

Notices

Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?

Old 08-25-2006, 06:54 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?

I own a 03 Manning for my 382 Fastech and I am very pleased with how it tows. I have had no problems thus far...
Old 08-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been using the same Manning for my 38 since 99 with no problems at all other than surge brake problems that had nothing to do with the trailer manufacture. Knowing what I have and how well it works I would buy another one without hesitation.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
This is from another site.

Many of you are aware that we had a major trailering opportunity occur in Toronto on the way to the 1000 Islands a couple of weeks back. In a nutshell, two of the three cross-members on this one year old trailer gave way almost dropping our pride and joy in the middle of the 401, a twelve lane highway. Strangely enough, for those of you who know me, we stayed cool and calm during and after this little episode. I think I was just happy that we didn't create mayhem on the highway, hurt somebody, or dump the red beast all over the concrete.

Carl and Patti Chase, our MADCOW travel mates, stayed with us the whole 18 hour day, turning into the chase vehicle, literally, and making sure we got where we needed to be. Thank you.

Over the years, I have purchased four MYCO trailers. They are known for their products under big offshores, their quality, and their service. They are expensive, but I subscribe to the "you get what you pay for" philosophy.

After we got the boat off the highway and into a mall parking lot, I immediately called the number on the tongue of the trailer. MYCO engineering referred me to Jim Earle Marine, two hours north of Toronto, as their closest servicing dealer. At this point, I thought we were screwed because this trailer was one inch on a failed weld from dropping the nose of the Donzi.

Granted, Myco took care of the problem, but for that kind of jack, I would not expect and problems with a one year old MYCO trailer.
Thats not good Good find Cuda

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Registered

I have had a MYCO before and it towed like a dream.

There is also one big reason to do business with MYCO - Bill Tweedie. One of the most honest and upstanding gentlemen in the marine business.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my Manning welded aluminum trailer just fine. It looks great, it tows great and was reasonably priced. I have no experience with Myco's other than going and looking at one before I had Manning build mine.
Attached Thumbnails Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?-11oso.jpg   Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?-14oso.jpg  
Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's absolutely nothing WRONG with Manning Trailers, but at the end of the day, you've gotta' go with who has(and will) taken care of you.....ditto on Dave's input.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never owned a Manning. The one above looks like a Myco in my opinion.

I have however owned two Myco's and I would not put any other trailer under my boat.

We have never had any problems with either of them, never had a broken weld and they pull like a dream. They make launching and loading, especially in wind and current a breeze. The boat always is straight and level.

The best part for me is I have never had a flat tire on my Myco's. They are a PRECISION work of art. The one under my 36 Outlaw has gone over 5000 miles just this year and has 46,000 total miles on it. The tires are the original tires and they look GREAT.

Bill at Myco said he has customers with 80,000 miles on the original tires.

It works for me, I could not be happier.

MYCO
Attached Thumbnails Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?-dsc02092.jpg   Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?-dsc09812.jpg   Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?-dsc02070.jpg  

Old 08-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreamer
it towed better cause u were towing a cig!

Old 08-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered

Welded Aluminium will crack, I will never buy another one, ever, you don't see Semi trailers welded, they are all rivets and bolts. I had a Manning trailer, best towing, built and looking trailer I have ever had. It towed like a dream. I would say Manning all the way, no doubt. They are close to me, I will help you if needed. This is the Manning I had for the Donzi.
Attached Thumbnails Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?-donzi-side-small-.jpg   Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?-donzi-side-view-small-.jpg  
Old 08-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
I have had a MYCO before and it towed like a dream.

There is also one big reason to do business with MYCO - Bill Tweedie. One of the most honest and upstanding gentlemen in the marine business.
Very true, but is he is staying aboard. BTW I have had 3 Myco's, and just got one last week for my 07 Nortech 4300. Jeff

Quick Reply: Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.