Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138795-myco-vs-manning-trailers-worth-%24.html)

Strip Poker 388 08-25-2006 11:44 PM

Re: Myco vs Manning trailers, worth the $ ?

1 Attachment(s)
myco :(

Jassman 08-26-2006 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
myco :(

Hey was that my trailer I damaged at my launch where the water depth was low and I cought the v's underneath, is that the one Eric reworked. Jeff

Boomer 880 08-26-2006 08:44 AM

SO the summary is... most everyone is very happy with their Manning and Myco trailers!! That is very good news. With that said, buy the Manning and save some $$$$.

Strip Poker 388 08-26-2006 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman
Hey was that my trailer I damaged at my launch where the water depth was low and I cought the v's underneath, is that the one Eric reworked. Jeff

Jeff that's on my trailer .The second set of bunks from the rear . The bracket that supports the bunks broke off on both sides.Must not be set at the right height.High pressure point???Its done it twice.Overall I ma happy with the trailer there's just a bunch of little stuff .

GO4BROKE 08-26-2006 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
SO the summary is... most everyone is very happy with their Manning and Myco trailers!! That is very good news. With that said, buy the Manning and save some $$$$.

Thats pretty much what I'm thinking.

Thanks for the info everybody! :drink:

Car Biz 08-26-2006 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i have an 88 manning tows great have not had one issue with it.

Strip Poker 388 08-26-2006 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Car Biz
i have an 88 manning tows great have not had one issue with it.

That ought to tell ya something being 18 years old :D

Car Biz 08-26-2006 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
That ought to tell ya something being 18 years old :D

Yup ;)

RJ1340 08-28-2006 04:22 PM

The bigger the boat and the farther you tow it, the more its worth the extra money for the Myco.
I bought a brand new Manning for my 42 Sonic, thought it was a great trailer, no problems. I wouldn't have hesitated towing to FL (from Chicago) or anywhere else.
My 47 Fountain sits on a Vanguard and I should've listened to Scott Shogren and gotten the Myco.

Chuck 08-28-2006 06:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have never owned a Manning but I bought a new Myco last year for my 3600 Nor-Tech. When I hired a guy to transport the boat and he ended up getting in an accident, I was glad I had the Myco. The transporter ended up a scammer with no insurance. The trailer was a total, but I truly believe that any other trailer and the boat would have been totalled also. As mentioned earlier, Bill Tweedie of Myco was one of the most helpfull people I have ever encountered in the marine business. I had a new trailer in three days. Although I didn't like getting jammed for a new trailer it was better than losing the whole package. Here are some shots of the damaged trailer. It jackknifed completely around the transporters truck, and the boat never moved an inch. Buy the Myco.