Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Project. Newbie Needs Help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138876-project-newbie-needs-help.html)

BRADA 08-25-2006 11:54 PM

Project. Newbie Needs Help

Hey everyone...This is a great site, seems to be lots of great people.
I'm in need of help with regards to info in hulls. More specifically who made the most reliable hulls in the 30-35' range from the years of 1986 to 1994. I own a custom motorsports shop in Vancouver Canada and we are looking to pick up a hull to start a project to get ready for next year. I have everything at my disposale, but I need some solid advice as to witch direction to head in.

Here are some of the thing we are taking into acount.
The boat will mostly be used in osshore poker runs...
We would like to see 90+ MPH in it...what power train should I start with??
The deck and styling can be completely redesigned if need be, so uglyness isn't an issue

I hope you folks can help me out.
Thanks for your time.
:D

Pantera1 08-26-2006 07:06 AM

Re: Project. Newbie Needs Help

Originally Posted by BRADA
Hey everyone...This is a great site, seems to be lots of great people.
I'm in need of help with regards to info in hulls. More specifically who made the most reliable hulls in the 30-35' range from the years of 1986 to 1994. I own a custom motorsports shop in Vancouver Canada and we are looking to pick up a hull to start a project to get ready for next year. I have everything at my disposale, but I need some solid advice as to witch direction to head in.

Here are some of the thing we are taking into acount.
The boat will mostly be used in osshore poker runs...
We would like to see 90+ MPH in it...what power train should I start with??
The deck and styling can be completely redesigned if need be, so uglyness isn't an issue

I hope you folks can help me out.
Thanks for your time.
:D

Youve narrowed it down to a million or so boats :chimp:

Chris Sunkin 08-26-2006 07:40 AM

With the current prices on nice, solid boats, a DIY project will cost you more than a complete boat.

Comanche3Six 08-26-2006 07:47 AM

Welcome.
Cigarette powerboats

BRADA 08-26-2006 10:51 AM

Thanks guys,
I know that the job is gonna be pricey...but we are building a boat to showcase my shops abilities. We build custom molds, composite components, CNC milling, Full custom gelcoat and paint.....so on and so on. All i need is a good hull to and powertrain to start with :D :D

X-Rated30 08-26-2006 01:34 PM

Any Skater in that size range will be easy to get to 90 with (relatively) mild power. V-hull is gonna be a little more difficult. If it was built tough in those years, it is gonna be pretty darn heavy. Maybe a Fountain. :cool:

Tony Montana 08-26-2006 07:32 PM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-11590.html

Here you go

BRADA 08-27-2006 10:54 AM

What do you guys think of SONIC, SCARAB, DONZI and HUSTLER hulls....any good??

JnT 08-27-2006 11:04 AM

I would go with a Cigarette if you can build some BIG hp motors. Paint it different than the rest of them and grab some attention.
A Skater will be way faster with less power.
Sonic,Scarab,Donzi,and Hustler are all good boats too but the brand recognition of "Cigarette" ,can't be beat.

BRADA 08-27-2006 12:13 PM

What would be the price range to buy a cigarette that needs a rebuild compared to the afore mentioned makes in the same years...(1986-1994)?