Notices

Drain plugs

Old 10-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drain plugs

Hello all,
I am new to this site and wonder if I may get some assistance. I recently obtained a 1989 celebrity with a Aplha one mercruiser 5.7. While cleaning it out I found the blue drain plus but decided to order new ones so that I may winterize the engine for the winter. I have the out drive off for maintainence and was informed I may pour the anti freeze into the hose, (which ones) also what is the location the blue drain plugs screw into on the engine? Any help would be great.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:32 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Block drains:
See #5 in pic.

BTW: those blue plastic plugs have orings, meaning they have a positive seal. Turn them with light finger pressure until they stop. Do not force them in any further. I have found a slight squirt of WD-40, dab of grease, anything lubricating, on the threads of the blue plugs help save them and less chance for the soft threads to strip. Plastic is 'grippy.'