Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hurricane ERNESTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138927-hurricane-ernesto.html)

DRIVEN1 08-27-2006 06:43 AM

Hurricane ERNESTO

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...tml?5day?large

Starting to look like the path Charley was supposed to take. Anyone got a trailer that will fit a 47 Lightning they would rent for a couple of days? I am going to need a trailer,truck and somewhere to store the boat if Ernesto keeps this course. If not I am getting on the boat and heading north.

DonziDog 08-27-2006 07:03 AM

Re: Hurricane ERNESTO

Last night they had the projected path coming right in the front door in Orange Beach , just like Ivan ! With my new job as manager of the biggest marina on the northern Gulf Coast , this makes my a$$-hole pucker from the sheer magnitude of prep work !!!.....Ricky

DRIVEN1 08-27-2006 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by DonziDog
Last night they had the projected path coming right in the front door in Orange Beach , just like Ivan ! With my new job as manager of the biggest marina on the northern Gulf Coast , this makes my a$$-hole pucker from the sheer magnitude of prep work !!!.....Ricky

I am glad I only have to worry about one boat. :D How many boats do you have there? Lets see what the next advisory says. I don't think they are very accurate until the last day or two.

Johno 08-27-2006 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I am glad I only have to worry about one boat. :D How many boats do you have there? Lets see what the next advisory says. I don't think they are very accurate until the last day or two.

Exactly!
Get prepared , by early next week we should have a better idea. Probably going screw up the Labor Day weekend & Poker Run :(

open87 08-27-2006 07:47 AM

belive it or not , people here are already getting in a panic..passed the local ace hardware store , a line of people with propane tanks waiting to fill up...

traffic should be light this week since all the people from outta town here making $$$ rebuilding should be leaving about now....

gonna be a fun week...

wonder how long they will wait to tell the public get the fuk out this time....

kr1276 08-27-2006 08:34 AM

I too have been looking for a used trailer for my Baja 442. I have a Dually to pull it with just need something to put it on.

DRIVEN1 08-27-2006 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by kr1276
I too have been looking for a used trailer for my Baja 442. I have a Dually to pull it with just need something to put it on.

There are a couple of trailers in the classifieds that might fit your boat. There is one that would fit mine but it looks rough. Where do you keep your boat now in Tampa?

kr1276 08-27-2006 08:53 AM

I just checked out the classifieds and the only one that is aluminum and not over $20,000 is in New England. I need a minimum of 18,000lb. capacity.
I had a Rocket that was stolen about a year ago and did not replace it.

I live north of the Courtney Campbell in a subdivision called Bayside. I keep it on a lift behind my house.

DRIVEN1 08-27-2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by kr1276
I just checked out the classifieds and the only one that is aluminum and not over $20,000 is in New England. I need a minimum of 18,000lb. capacity.
I had a Rocket that was stolen about a year ago and did not replace it.

I live north of the Courtney Campbell in a subdivision called Bayside. I keep it on a lift behind my house.

I wonder if any of the local trailer companies have a trailer they would rent or a used one they would sell? I will be calling around on Monday to see what they got.
I did not buy a trailer with the boat since it would never be used and I was worried about it being stolen from the storage lot where it would have to be kept. Where was yours stolen from?

kr1276 08-27-2006 10:15 AM

A friend of mine owns a piece of commercial property at Hillsborough Ave and Memorial (only about 2 miles from the house) and we stored it there on the back side of the property. Not real visible from the street. It had a tongue lock, and two cables going through the wheels and wrapped around the frames on both sides. There was not one piece of evidence anywhere. We have a Motorhome that we store at Oldsmar Mini Storage and they cut through the fence and tried to break in and steal whatever they could. It doesn't matter where it is at, if they want something, they will go to the extreme to get it.

If by chance you hear anything on a trailer that will fit mine let me know and I will do the same for you.

I am trying to get ready for the Poker Run next weekend and prep for a hurricane at the same time. I had hoped to go out for a little ride today but now the plate is filling up fast.