Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   step hull (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138936-step-hull.html)

RJ1340 08-28-2006 04:07 PM

Re: step hull

You take turns in a step the same way you do in a car: throttle down a bit before the you turn, then put the pedal to the metal and crank that wheel. And keep your water wings crossed.

glassdave 08-28-2006 04:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by century29
. . . There is no 23' boat in the world that will handle true 6' seas very well. . . . .

uhhh . . . there most certainly is. :cool: :D

i've ran better than 6's on many occasions. we did a poker run here in lake Erie and we were the third boat out of 60 to the toledo light from the Detroit light. lake was kickin 5 to 7's that day. :cool:

welcome aboard Franklins enjoy the site and you have hit the mother load of info :drink:

bouyhunter 08-28-2006 05:37 PM

Dave - where you running that boat in you're second pic??
That's some SERIOUS air!!! :evilb:
Great Pic too - hmmmm... new computer wallpaper for the work machine. :D

TUFFboat 08-28-2006 05:57 PM

I work at the Tronto boat show and there is a few off shore boats there with people all around them and if I try to ask them any thing they just push me off. When I say I build my own boats there like right.
Wow, you talk to the guy for over an hour and draw scetches of boat bottoms and everthing, and he forgets about you just like that. :(

Comanche3Six 08-28-2006 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
uhhh . . . there most certainly is. :cool: :D

i've ran better than 6's on many occasions. we did a poker run here in lake Erie and we were the third boat out of 60 to the toledo light from the Detroit light. lake was kickin 5 to 7's that day. :cool:

welcome aboard Franklins enjoy the site and you have hit the mother load of info :drink:

Those are 1 to 2's

Ironmanwb 08-28-2006 07:35 PM

Did anyone else get the site to work? I got it to work once and holy CHIT! This guy builds the boat from scratch and does a nice job but, he never glasses the inside of the hull :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , .

He does the outside, flips the hull and starts spraying foam insulation into the the hull, Can you say ROT..............

I mean no disrespect but dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn I hope whoever bought those lives far away. :(

franklins 08-28-2006 07:45 PM

Cosmic12
The 25 Active thunder looks great! I had time to look around at some of them and they are a straight v hull. The only thing I could not find is the degree of angle on the hull. It looks like it would ride great on chopy water.
Have you been in one?
Dean

franklins 08-28-2006 07:58 PM

Ironmanwb
The hull has epoxy spayed in to it and it will last a long time. The way the hull is built is a little different than a glass boat. Putting glass in the inside would only add dead weight . I only use the glass to get a nice finish on the outside for painting. I don't use glass for any other reason. Just a nother way of building a boat.
Dean

franklins 08-28-2006 08:13 PM

Tuffboat
I never for got you and I was not talking about you at Toronto. You are the only one that has talked to me about it that made sense. I was talking about the big boats at the other end of the building.
I thought you told me you were not on line when I asked you!( Any way glad you are) Do you have email now?
Dean

ActiveThunder 08-28-2006 08:16 PM

Dean,

Where are you building these boats, again?