Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on >

We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

Notices

We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

Old 08-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

RIP Scott
You will be missed
Old 08-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

RIP, Scott
Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Registered

R.I.P. Sorry to hear the sad news.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

So sorry. We will miss you greatly, Scott. My condolances to the family.
Bob
Old 08-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

so sorry god bless
Old 08-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Re: We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

It has been a pleasure to have had the oppurtunity to meet and become a part of Scott's passion for performance powerboating! I first meet Mr.Applegate @ the NYC Poker a little over 3 years ago. I went there with "Let's Rock" owned by Tom Healey and through Tom I was introduced to Scott. Scott had lost an engine that year and we sat down to discuss building a set of reliable engines in NY. His hospitality from the moment we meet was second to none! Scott was the type of man that would give you the shirt off his back! I will deeply miss his "ball busting" phone calls to me asking for Keith Eickert or Bob Teague. He had a great sense of humor and always loved picking on the engine guy! (me) It feels like I have known Scott for 30 years even though it was only shy over 3 our relationship grew. I am fortunate to have all the memories of NYC Poker Run taking the "King of The V's" title with our engines, Sarasota, good times, and the friendship that Scott had to offer! It is unreplacable! My thoughts and prayers go out to his great family and close friends which have known him alot longer than I have. I will miss you Scott! You are a true champion and King who will always be remembered and loved thoughout the offshore family! God bless you and rest in peace my friend!

Dean Gellner
Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Registered

Once again, Doreen Ungarten has put together an incredible slide show. This time though it is not of one of our poker runs.

She has compiled a slide show with all of the pictures that Tim Sharkey and I could find of Scotty racing, poker running or just enjoying his boats.

Click the following link to view: http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/im...Our_Hearts.wmv

God Speed Scotty - you will always be in our hearts!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
I will deeply miss his "ball busting" phone calls to me asking for Keith Eickert or Bob Teague. He had a great sense of humor
He used to call my office and tell my secretary is was Kurt Berger or **** on the phone

He was great at bustin balls and that we will miss
Old 08-29-2006, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Dave.

If anyone has pictures of Scott please send them to me so that thay can be added to his tribute.

[email protected]
Old 08-29-2006, 11:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
He used to call my office and tell my secretary is was Kurt Berger or **** on the phone

He was great at bustin balls and that we will miss
You see that ! Even though he has left us, he still has me cracking up !!!

That is some funny stuff right there!!!

And we will all share the same funny stories of what he has done that put a smile on our faces....

We'll all miss ya Scotty!
But we will never stop talking about ya!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.