Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Corsa silent choice? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138998-corsa-silent-choice.html)

DURANGOKID59 08-28-2006 07:55 AM

Corsa silent choice?

Anyone have a go to guy or vendor to get the solenoids for the Captains call exhaust? I blew out one solenoid, and have been told they dont make the old style anymore, and are replaced by a new kit with two new solenoids and a new harness. Anyone to deal with or just go through Corsa? Thanks

J.B. Marshall 08-28-2006 08:00 AM

Re: Corsa silent choice?

I went thru Corsa, they were pretty helpful and then you will know it is set up right. You can probably send back the pipes and have them reconditioned and install the new solenoids.

DURANGOKID59 08-28-2006 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
I went thru Corsa, they were pretty helpful and then you will know it is set up right. You can probably send back the pipes and have them reconditioned and install the new solenoids.

Do the pipes need to be modified in some way? I was under the impression it was a bolt up and go type install.

Indy 08-28-2006 03:42 PM

I just went through Corsa...they were helpful and quick with the parts.

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 08-29-2006 09:24 AM

I am a dealer for them. Yes if you have an older solenoid you must update... The update kits are if memory serves me correct are a little below 400.00 like in the mid to high 300 range before S&H.. I can get the stuff to you if you need.. Call me If I can help.. Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 08-29-2006 09:52 AM

Its not really a big deal.. just bolt on the new solenoids & then replace the wiring harness... Definitley not rocket science... As far as letting water in if they dont close, Id have to say no not necessarily. If you have no anti surge valves in your tips & you back up too fast or take a surge it could be possible though.. Jamie / Lakeside.. :)

DURANGOKID59 08-29-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by DONZI33
I am a dealer for them. Yes if you have an older solenoid you must update... The update kits are if memory serves me correct are a little below 400.00 like in the mid to high 300 range before S&H.. I can get the stuff to you if you need.. Call me If I can help.. Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628

Thanks for the info. I posted this in the general q&a, and someone posted there I could buy the old style from a company in Canada that made them for Corsa. If they are still available, Ill just buy the old style for the rest of this season, and then next year probably replace with the new kit. Ill keep your number handy for when I am ready to order. Steve

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 08-29-2006 10:01 AM

Ok.. Cool..... I am here if you need me.. :) Jamie / Lakeside