Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1300+ Boats for sale !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139141-1300-boats-sale.html)

hpoffshore 12-19-2006 09:24 AM

Re: 1300+ Boats for sale !!

Indy sounds like the "voice-of-reason" here. This has happened before, and will again. Performance sales are taking a little tougher hit that other segments, too. Folks boating habits wiil change a little, and the cycle of two years/new boat, might change to four years...so-what? The boats are great, and you all loved them when they were new; just keep enjoying them for another season or two. With high-end sales going well, there'll be lots of great stuff realistically priced in a couple of years. Enjoy!
Hugh

OldSchool 12-19-2006 09:34 AM

The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

BLee 12-19-2006 09:39 AM

The reason for the amount of boats growing in OSO classifieds is due to the growth of the site more than anything. The more people that know about our classified section the more people will advertise. Boat trader didn't start out with 50,000 listings when it began.

Trust me, there are PLENTY of people out there buying boats. Ask Outerlimits, Cigarette, Skater, MTI, NorTech, etc.

Panther 12-19-2006 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Indy
Yup gas prices are partially to blame, insurance hasn't gone up that much (at least for me) but I think most people are over reacting like out skittish trader friends on Wall Street (they must have been beaten as children LOL!). Everybody got used to making 50,000% appreciation on their homes and now that the market is correcting it's a full blown panic. Just a little modification on they way you go boating and it is still reasonable, if the words reasonable and boating can be used in the same sentence LOL!! Lay off the WOT a little more, take shorter trips, raft up with friends more, learn to do some basic maintenance on the boat and save on mechanic's bills, trailer instead of rack storage, etc. and you can still have some fun in our sport. So while everybody has their boat on the block in a panic, I'll be out playing...feel free to wave to me from the beach!!!

I agree!

It's my experience that the folks that got into boating who have just enough money are the ones who sell first. Also, there's the others who spend a wad of cash on a new boat, then they blow an outdrive and it costs $8K to fix so they're ready to sell ASAP and get out because they didn't know what they got in to.... Those that have been doing it for a while tend to stay with it longer.

I always recommend to people to start out with something basic and with stock power the first time around. Even if they have enough money to go with the full monte. This way they get into the sport with an entry level boat, find out what it's all about and decide if they want to make the huge investment in fun!

It's just boating!

Joe 12-19-2006 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
I agree!

I always recommend to people to start out with something basic and with stock power the first time around. Even if they have enough money to go with the full monte. This way they get into the sport with an entry level boat, find out what it's all about and decide if they want to make the huge investment in fun!

It's just boating!

Agree completely.... That's exactly what the guy whom bought my boat did.

On Time 12-20-2006 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
I agree!

It's my experience that the folks that got into boating who have just enough money are the ones who sell first. Also, there's the others who spend a wad of cash on a new boat, then they blow an outdrive and it costs $8K to fix so they're ready to sell ASAP and get out because they didn't know what they got in to.... Those that have been doing it for a while tend to stay with it longer.

It's just boating!

HI GUYS!!! My "Entry Level" is for sale. 2004 Baja 33 Outlaw with those excellent 496 MAG HO's with closed cooling and bicycle pump water drain system. Goes 74GPS full of gas and people. Showroom clean. PM me !! :)