Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what would it take?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139226-what-would-take.html)

NefariousOne 08-30-2006 05:15 PM

Re: what would it take??

Originally Posted by T2x
It's a slow day.........

Besides....this way the thread won't get highjacked by some testosterone fueled dimwit who wants to "bring back the old days" and race half naked in an open cockpit 28 footer from Miami to Venezuela in a hurricane. :p :p :p

T2x

LMAO... thats funny right there. :D

ratman 08-30-2006 06:33 PM

and race half naked in an open cockpit 28 footer from Miami to Venezuela in a hurricane
work out the fuel stops and im in :D

Scott B 08-30-2006 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by T2x
I race half naked in an open cockpit 28 footer from Miami to Venezuela in a hurricane. :p :p :p

T2x

I believe that race is already on..

Big Pine, yesterday... :eek: :eek:

Byrdman 08-30-2006 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
all race in one end of the year race and that would be in Key West. A lot of OSO members will be in Destin this year, that means a lot less of us will be in Key West. This is forcing the OSO fan base to be divided :(

Basically.........alot of things get started via this web sight...it is a shame that destin is on the chart....key west is the place....there is nothing in destin...is there??

Ron P 08-30-2006 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Basically.........alot of things get started via this web sight...it is a shame that destin is on the chart....key west is the place....there is nothing in destin...is there??

Just 80% of the race boats and four days of racing.

Plus Destin is a beutiful spring break type of area. It won't suck. :D

So where are you racing this November?? Bar stool or canopy? :evilb:

Need-the-Speed 08-30-2006 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pete B
How can offshore racing build a larger fan base via this board??

It seems to me offshore racing just needs some major promotion. Sure spectators will come to see the boats, the racing, etc. etc.....BUT you still need more! Take a look at NASCAR growth over the last ten years. From nothing to the fastest growing sport....period. They spend a **** load of money so the fans actually have a memoriable experiance. More than not, the memories are very rarely the race itself. Its unfortunet for offshore racing it's not in a contained area. Makes selling tickets a bit difficult. Perhaps A new (BIG)sponsor every year would help expenditures.

Pete B 08-31-2006 07:00 AM

Funny, I thought I didnt post this thread, but just the same always like to get opinions. As for sponsors. Budweiser Select will be the primary Sponsor of the Destin OSS/OPA/POPRA World Championship.

I had never been to Orange Beach til 2003, and all i can say is Orange Beach is a great race town,2 weeks ago every hotel was sold out, people came from all over to see the race, including many from Biloxi, MS. who are still re-building from Katrina. And look forward to when the boats come back to thier town to race.

Again thanks to all that take tthe time to write a opinion whether it is popular or not. :D

Pete B 08-31-2006 08:15 PM

deck to deck racing huh
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/Skaters2.jpg

cowisl 08-31-2006 09:56 PM

Unification and Key West..

Cash Bar 08-31-2006 11:23 PM

The best racing WILL be in Destin, but so will the 40's at night and if you're lucky, the 60's during the day. Good luck seeing Tata's uncovered in Destin.

The BEST SHOW will still be in KW. As I've said before 175 POKER RUN teams can't be wrong....... :rolleyes: :cool: