Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Cumberland, Who's going! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139265-lake-cumberland-whos-going.html)

bouyhunter 09-06-2006 09:19 PM

Re: Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

We'll be there - just got a call tonight with two open seats.
Look forward to meeting up with everyone.

Joe - I'm still thinking about how to write this off as a business expense :D
Look forward to seeing you both.

Marginmn 09-06-2006 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I will be coming down through Indiana and through Louieville. Is it better to come across I64 then down Rt 127, or is it better to come down I65 and cut across east on the tollway?

I will not be towing a boat, so just coming in the car.

If you are coming thru Indiana the best way to the state dock is to come straight down 65 thru Louisville to exit 91. Go East off exit 91 onto hwy 61 for about 11 miles until the road T's into hwy 210. Take a right on 210 toward Campbellsville (210 turns into hwy 55 right outside of Campbellsville). Continue on 55 thru Columbia all the way to 127.

Merge right on to 127 and the state park is just a few miles up the road.

Check it out on a map. It's a lot faster than any other way if you are coming down from Indiana.

Mentalpause 09-06-2006 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Marginmn
If you are coming thru Indiana the best way to the state dock is to come straight down 65 thru Louisville to exit 91. Go East off exit 91 onto hwy 61 for about 11 miles until the road T's into hwy 210. Take a right on 210 toward Campbellsville (210 turns into hwy 55 right outside of Campbellsville). Continue on 55 thru Columbia all the way to 127.

Check it out on a map. It's a lot faster than any other way if you are coming down from Indiana.

Thanks

Mentalpause 09-06-2006 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Marginmn

When I looked at Google maps it showed taking 61 all the way down and catching 55 by the toll road. Actually it looks very similar to taking 61 to 210, but it might be a slightly straighter shot.

Have you ever taken 61 all the way to 55? Probably just a matter of which road is better to travel, 61 or 210?

Thanks again.

Marginmn 09-07-2006 07:50 AM

61 used to be the way to go until they improved 210 a few years ago. Everyone I know who makes the trip from Louisville now takes 210.

Sydwayz 09-07-2006 10:11 AM

Docmanrich and I are on 81 heading over. We will be in the water late this afternoon.