Notices

South Haven MI boat ramps

Old 08-31-2006, 09:33 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default South Haven MI boat ramps

We are going to be trailering around to South Haven and dropping the boat in for the long weekend. I would appreciate some insight on what are the good boat ramps in the area for launching a 43' boat. I don't want to be dropping an axle off the end, that sucks...

Thanks in advance for the help,
Rick
Old 08-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: South Haven MI boat ramps

We have launched our 43" Black Thunder many times at the Municipal Ramp. It is tricky because the docks are extremely short and it is on the river with a strong current, the upside they let you keep your trailer overnight.

I will ask Mr. P to post his comments because he may have a preference to which ramp he uses and he may back in at an angle
Old 08-31-2006, 10:03 AM
rv
Registered

Thanks for the reply, any help is appreciated. Is that ramp at the south or north municipal marina?

Rick
Old 08-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

I am not sure, I spoke to Ian and he will post more info after he gets back from lunch.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered

RV, I'm not sure which ramp it is. It's the one just off Broadway on the south side of the river. Facing the ramp, we use the dock on the left side. The ones to the center and right are too steep and the trailer bottoms out at the top. Like Donna said the docks are short but the ramp is long and I have never run off of it. Have fun. Ian
Old 08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Have a good time rv, South Haven rules. Rum runners at the Idler or Captain Lou's...ya can't beat 'em.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:03 PM
rv
Registered

Ian,
I think I know which ramp you are talking about. Are the directions, Pheonix to Broadway turn right, just before bridge turn right and follow road to ramp. Is this correct?

Once at ramp use left lane. If you can get yours in there we shouldn't have any problems.

Sommer,
So if we get one of those rum runners will we find you seating there too...

Rick
Old 08-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Registered

Yes, that's the place.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Like Donna said the docks are short but the ramp is long and I have never run off of it. Have fun. Ian
LOL I can't remember you running off the ramp, but I seem to remember you taking a dip in the nasty water to insert a forgotten drain plug
Old 08-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
LOL I can't remember you running off the ramp, but I seem to remember you taking a dip in the nasty water to insert a forgotten drain plug
Donna, that is too funny, but I doubt Ian thinks so. By the way, they don't call it the BLACK River for nothin.

RV, we take our 29 to that launch all the time, I don't think there is much of a washout problem behind the ramp. I have yet to see a trailer hung up there, and yes, I have seen many 42-47 footers launch there. The river is somewhat narrow at the launch, causing yourboat to take up a good portion while maneuvering. You should not have a problem at this launch, I have seen much worse. The issue I see some trailers having, is the transition from ramp to parking lot. The length between boat trialer axle and back of the truck, causes the trailer to bottom out in the middle cresting the transition. Have fun, South Haven is great. Keith

Quick Reply: South Haven MI boat ramps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.