Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboat industry wrong direction? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139299-powerboat-industry-wrong-direction.html)

Frequency 08-31-2006 11:19 AM

Re: Powerboat industry wrong direction?

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
trim that baby down before you kill your gimbal !! Artificial tails will come back to haunt you.

I may be superficial, but never artificial :drink:

DollaBill 08-31-2006 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Frequency

wow. what a set-up. How bout more pics?? Very cool.

DENNYB 08-31-2006 11:28 AM

Being in this industry there has been a slight turn in the style of performance boating.Affordability, insurance, household income is more a key factor in today's market. He likes the speed, paint, braided
hoses, rumbles,and the fastest boat out there.She needs amenities such as
room, the poti potty, comfort ,storage and inviting the family and friends for a fun day on the water.
Building a boat to please is what has happened in the direction of Mid-Cabin Open Bows and Performance Center Consoles.Those particular types of boats still bring the flash, dash and bling in their own way.We are see more and more of this new trend to continue.You can load them up with high horsepower I/O"S or supercharged outboards and your insurance is not as high if it were a full closed deck High Performance offshore with identical options.You are seeing more and more of this trend.
Center Consoles are just not for fishing anymore having a performance hull, an enclosed half cabin along with drop down bolsters,Racing shifters, wild paint graphics,with room to please.The Mid-Cabin open bow with everything. your seeing more and more at Poker Runs.This is about satisfied customers and boat builders making this all happen.

Sydwayz 08-31-2006 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Frequency

:D :D :D That's a Pulse Drive isn't it?

LostinBoston 08-31-2006 11:30 AM

Bow riders are great. If i had a small v they woudl be the way to go. I used to have a 16 whaler open bow and loved it. Easy to dock, holds lots of people. The education thing is true, but what stops those same people from buying ferraris and racing them down the highway? Its not like it takes an skill to pass a driving test.
The prices are getting out of hand because they are no longer being built with a tub of resin by someone that says, yeah, that looks about right.

Clay Washington 08-31-2006 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
Choice is arguably the greatest benefit of capitalism and the entire free market system. You and I like a closed deck. The guy down the street wants a mid cabin. If the boat in question was suited for it, a builder would have to be out of his mind not to offer it in both styles.

Exactly! This is first and foremost a BUSINESS! :D

tblrklakemo 08-31-2006 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
:D :D :D That's a Pulse Drive isn't it?

neat...so the whole swim platform trims up and down with the prop shaft attached to it? Is this durable?

Sydwayz 08-31-2006 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
neat...so the whole swim platform trims up and down with the prop shaft attached to it? Is this durable?

Yes, and yes.

http://www.pulsedrive.net/

But, others have stated they lost handling capability by going to Pulse.
The Zero Cavity 38 McManus Cigarette Top Gun went from SSM to Pulse and BACK to SSM; if that tells you anything.

tblrklakemo 08-31-2006 11:42 AM

how do you turn? Rudder in the middle?

rainmn 08-31-2006 11:42 AM

I don't personally like bow riders, but they serve a purpose. A friend of mine has a 28' Chaparral bowrider - his second one. He lives on the water, has never and will never overnight on the boat, and always takes a bunch of people out with him.
Why does he need a cabin? To him, it's only wasted space. Can't argue with his logic.