Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Baja, Donzi, Fountain, VIP, Scarab, or Formula? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/13941-baja-donzi-fountain-vip-scarab-formula.html)

01-22-2002 02:48 AM

none of the above...

get a Sunsation

www.sunsationboats.com

or
www.sunsation288.com

- jeff

BAJA WILL 01-22-2002 08:55 AM

Runninhorn

If this is your first Powerboat, stick with a single engine, I run a 2001 27 Fountain 75mph w/ 500efi. However little cabin room. Narrow it down by price range. All the boats mentioned are nice boats, I suggest going to Miami Boat show and look at all of them. to break 70 you are at least going to need 415hp or more in a 4500 to 5000lbs boat. ;)

DONZIMAN2 01-22-2002 09:35 AM

Been in Donzi ZX models since 1999. I like the boats. This year they dropped there prices and are currently offering nice incentives during the boat show season. The ride is awesome in the Chesapeake Bay. Good luck on your decision. All of the boats listed on this thread have there pros and cons. Just have to do what keeps/makes you happy.

29 OUTLAW 01-22-2002 09:46 AM

To answer your question about fiberglass floors (cockpit liner), it was the 1999 model year in which ALL Bajas had the fiberglass liner. Baja's liner is also integrated with the deck. The liner and deck are one piece.

Clark Hoesman 01-22-2002 09:50 AM

Hey Runninhorn, I have a great 1998 Donzi 28 ZX for sale in Austin. Twin 350 mags will get 70 mph and cheap fuel economy.

Clark Hoesman

seanclong 01-22-2002 10:02 AM

RUNNINHORN --

Welcome to the board. You, as evidenced by your choice of Cobalt, (JD Powers quality winner) have good taste in boats and can recognize quality. I would suggest, as many others have, going to a boat show and looking at all the brands you have mentioned with an open mind (an open checkbook doesn't hurt either) to narrow you choices even further. Then, when you have it down to two or three boats that suit you needs ($, size, power), come back here with your choices and then we can all fight about it and bash one-another's boats. LOL :D

Sean :)

Wildchild212 01-22-2002 01:05 PM

Welcome
just to make the things interesting on the board, dont forget while at a boat show to check out some cats.
Eliminator Daytona
advantage
Skater
Warlock
Just to name a few these will get you to 70 easy. The boats that you liked at the boat show that you sat in and crawled around in make them the boats that you test drive in the spring. The test drive is the big difference. Good luck with your boat hunting. Let us know what you decide.
Mark

BajaRunner 01-22-2002 02:30 PM

Runninghorn

Im here in Austin. Lake Travis is a Baja Lake. Ive got one and love it. email me and Ill tell you more about whats around here.

Jason

E Z TERMS 01-22-2002 06:17 PM

Fountain - youll eventually end up wiyh one so spare yourself some grief and money.

REMEMBER.............. You'll never have to make excuses at the dock, bar, launch ramp etc.

Took me 11 boats to get there..........

:D :D :D
EZ

h2owarrior 01-22-2002 06:59 PM

Hey man, you like all this excellent advice :confused: Why don't you give us a little more info. The best thing about this boat thing is you have more choices than days in a month :D If you can give us some more detail on what your looking for it would help. Like; is top speed the priority, creature comforts, staying overnight on the boat, a family, only a wife etc, are all very important factors in purchasing the right boat for you. Depending on the answers to these, and other questions, the OSO family can help you find exactly what you are looking for. :D