Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it adds another foot!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja555
Whats Rf gonna do now? take a 37 outerlimits , and a 2ft beak and 3ft swim platform market it as a 42RF and say , WOW look how fast my 42 fter is compared to your 42...
I heard the next gen from RF will be a 43.
Something about the 399 from Skater and making it a faster better riding 43....Ya never know?

Last edited by Back4More; 02-09-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:38 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja555
must have been a hairy ride T2x
I guess it was..... That was about a 70 mph rig and faster than any Offshore hull in that era. (The smaller cats were a little faster and the Wings were much quicker). The "speed secret" that Allison had over 16 foot Glastrons and CHeckmates of the time was the pad, of course, and the fact that the beak and sheer line overlap allowed a 16 foot deck to be put on a 14 foot hull.... which of course meant you were balancing twin engines on a very small footprint.

The funny thing is that with twin RH lowers she obviously wanted to chine walk, but you could pick up a rhythm and make subtle adjustments with your wrists and forearms on the wheel in straightaways to "catch" the oscillations before they increased in scope and magnitude. Today I see guys "sawing" like lumberjacks and wonder what the h*ll they're doing? The "scale speed" on that hull at 70 was basically the equivalent of 140 mph in a 32 foot hull (28 foot excluding the beak)......so the "sawing" isn't about higher speeds. My later experiences racing vees with counter rotation reduced the need for wheel work even more.

Is it possible that some folks think it looks "cool" to whip a steering wheel back and forth?

P.S. all bets are off when discussing "lawn darts".....

T2x
Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
I heard the next gen from RF will be a 43.
Something about the 399 from Skater and making it a faster better riding 43....Ya never know?
One of the first two boats is a "greatly enhanced and up-tuned" version of the 42. The other is a CC.
From Trulio's interview a couple weeks ago: http://boatermouth.com//index.php?vi...ntent&Itemid=8
Old 02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T2x
I guess it was..... That was about a 70 mph rig and faster than any Offshore hull in that era. (The smaller cats were a little faster and the Wings were much quicker). The "speed secret" that Allison had over 16 foot Glastrons and CHeckmates of the time was the pad, of course, and the fact that the beak and sheer line overlap allowed a 16 foot deck to be put on a 14 foot hull.... which of course meant you were balancing twin engines on a very small footprint.

The funny thing is that with twin RH lowers she obviously wanted to chine walk, but you could pick up a rhythm and make subtle adjustments with your wrists and forearms on the wheel in straightaways to "catch" the oscillations before they increased in scope and magnitude. Today I see guys "sawing" like lumberjacks and wonder what the h*ll they're doing? The "scale speed" on that hull at 70 was basically the equivalent of 140 mph in a 32 foot hull (28 foot excluding the beak)......so the "sawing" isn't about higher speeds. My later experiences racing vees with counter rotation reduced the need for wheel work even more.

Is it possible that some folks think it looks "cool" to whip a steering wheel back and forth?

P.S. all bets are off when discussing "lawn darts".....

T2x
i know what you mean about sawing,i probley looked that way this summer driving my buddys allison.he schooled me best he could........what a scary ride @95mph
Old 02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dredd
One of the first two boats is a "greatly enhanced and up-tuned" version of the 42. The other is a CC.
From Trulio's interview a couple weeks ago: http://boatermouth.com//index.php?vi...ntent&Itemid=8
Thanks for the link!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
That picture makes me nervous! Very scary looking, and a reality check!
Agreed, looks like my Top Gun in Germany!
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by twin screws
Agreed, looks like my Top Gun in Germany!
Was yours the one that barrel rolled?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
Once you go beak you never go back... Or something like that
Not true, had a beak and went Cig......
Old 02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

Is Cashbar OK?
He is fine......
Attached Thumbnails The Fountain Beak - Why?-cashbar.jpg  

Quick Reply: The Fountain Beak - Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.