Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   lake texoma accident !!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139464-lake-texoma-accident.html)

Tantrum 09-03-2006 12:55 AM

Re: lake texoma accident !!!

Not sure that my heart could ever recover form something like this..God speed Bruce.
It could happen to any of us. :(

JenniferKnott 09-03-2006 12:57 AM

Friend of the Family

I was friends with Myra, actually our sons are very close friends and attend school together. My son just went on vacation with Bruce & Myra for a week in Florida. She gave me a disc of pictures, but since she took them all, she's not in any of them. My son is in pain and he and another boy that is friends with Will would like to frame a picture of Myra with or without Bruce with their boat to give to Will as a gift. Does anyone on this forum know of where I can get one without going to the family?

Also, just FYI, us moms from the school plan on doing something at the school in Myra's name. She was always at the school helping or doing something for others. She was an angel. I'll post again when I know more about that (if my free trial doesn't run out first...I've never been on here!)

Thanks,

Jennifer

jdnichols 09-03-2006 02:12 AM

Jennifer, I have some I took at the 2005 Desert Storm event, Please email me at [email protected] and I'll send them to you.

Jim

JROMY 09-03-2006 02:17 AM

Although I didn't know the people on either boat, I feel absolutely sick over this. I have met so many great people in this sport and am sure that these people were no exeption. I cannot even begin to imagine the feelings/emotions involved when a day of fun turns into a disaster such as this. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved. :(

marineclean 09-03-2006 02:59 AM

As I hear the bickering over speed or the question of safety, I wonder if u guys know what you have lost. My wife and I had the privelage of meeting Flash and Ann for the first time this summer. From the first time we met Flash and Ann we were drawn to their commitment, (Flash) joy for wide open freedom and sometimes headache, "damn fuel pump" and (Ann) for just being simply sweet and lovable! (Together) providing an enviroment that all of us felt welcome and the sincere character that they showed my wife and me in our first Poker Run..... Flash opened a whole to world to us, a whole neither lifestyle we did not know, Thank U Flash for that!!!!! May I say, tragedy happens! How many timesss have I heard or been told that I won't survive??? We all hear or will hear this phrase in our lives,,, it happens. I believe Flash and Ann were some of the best people that you will ever meet....They liked to have fun, they liked speed, they were definetely committed to each other and they liked sharing their world with others. Our prayers at Lake Ouachita go to Flash's family and the others involved in this terrible occurance. I have been asked to post a request for a moment of silence at 10AM CST on Tuesday for all involved. Please everyone, no bickering, no fingers, just please remember that ALL of us here can provide comfort and support to each other in both good or bad circumstances. Barry, I pray for your better half and hope that she is doing OK, please let us know if we can do anything, anything at all! To the rest of the gang, our prayers and thoughts are with you. Sincerely, Donnie & Natasha Fulmer

mjbtx 09-03-2006 04:04 AM

WILLIS, Okla. - Two jet boats participating in a competition collided on Lake Texoma on Saturday, killing five people and injuring another, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.

One of the boats struck the other watercraft on the middle of its side, trooper Kera Philippi said.

Philippi identified the victims as Gordon Mineo, whose age wasn't available, of Rockwall, Texas; his wife, Ann, 59; Amy Dawn Lane, 31, of Little Elm, Texas; Justin R. Lane, 25, also of Little Elm; and Myra L. Gibson, 51, of Old Hickory, Tenn.

The Mineos and the Lanes were in one boat, while Gibson and her husband, Bruce, 54, were in the other, Philippi said. Bruce Gibson was flown to a Dallas hospital, she said. His condition was not known.

Only pieces were left of one boat. The rear of a yellow, twin-hull jet boat with purple trim was partially submerged and the left side of the bottom was ripped out. A tugboat towed the damaged boats to shore, Philippi said.

Gordon Mineo was the organizer of the "Highroller Poker Run" event, in which participants get a playing card at five different stops and win if they have the best poker hand at the end, Philippi said.

"They were still involved in the poker run when the accident took place," she said.

Troopers won't able to determine the cause of the accident until a reconstruction of the boats and the event are done, which could take a few days, she said.

Vacationer Steve Dover said he saw the boats take off for the poker run but they never returned. He said he knew something had gone wrong when he saw the patrol and other emergency vehicles.

"There was just floating debris," he said. "We've seen life vests, we've seen life preservers."

Dover said the mood at the lake was somber.

"We just kind of held our heads down and came back in and are just waiting to hear what really did happen," he said.

Labor Day vacationers remained at the shore of the massive lake, which is Oklahoma's second-largest body of water and straddles the Oklahoma-Texas border.

littlenige 09-03-2006 06:53 AM

I've never met any of the Poker Run crowd over in the US, and I'm not the religious type, but my thoughts and best wishes go to Bruce for a speedy and complete recovery. Also to the families and friends left behind.

I'm more of a spiritualist, and the only comforting words I have to give, having lost someone I loved, is the thought that one day, one day, you will be with them again..........

46tomcat 09-03-2006 07:15 AM

How sad my prayers are with the family and friends.

at100plus 09-03-2006 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Shane
Very disturbing that the news would not be thorough and accurate in their reporting. :mad:

The news is NEVER thorough and accurate with their reporting.

My condolences to the victims and their family.

birdog 09-03-2006 07:34 AM

God bless them all....