Notices

lake texoma accident !!!

Old 09-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: lake texoma accident !!!

My prayers to all who in some way have been touched by this tragic event.............at a loss for words here.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Registered

Very sad thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning. My deepest condolences to all involved.

Mike
Old 09-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Registered

Default Re: Friend of the Family

Originally Posted by JenniferKnott
I was friends with Myra, actually our sons are very close friends and attend school together. My son just went on vacation with Bruce & Myra for a week in Florida. She gave me a disc of pictures, but since she took them all, she's not in any of them. My son is in pain and he and another boy that is friends with Will would like to frame a picture of Myra with or without Bruce with their boat to give to Will as a gift. Does anyone on this forum know of where I can get one without going to the family?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer -

I have the ability to print pictures on a dye sublimation printer. This is a commercial grade printer. Most local photo labs can print pictures from a disk also. If you want to send them to us via email I'll be happy to help get prints. You can email them to [email protected].
Old 09-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Just a quick post to keep everyone up to date. I just left the hospital where Bruce is in ICU. He just got out of surgery to put a tube in each lung to drain them and help them inflate. Both lungs collapsed, probably due to the numerous broken ribs puncturing them. His is able to breathe on his own at this point with the help of oxygen. Hopefully they will not have to put him on a vent. His head and face are beat up pretty bad. He suffered numerous bad cuts,lacerations, and broken bones. We are still waiting for the results of the cat scan of his head, but at this point it looks pretty good. He was heavily sedated but was able to talk to me and ask and answer questions. He is very concerned about the well being of everyone involved. He does not really know what happened. He is going to need a lot of time and even more support to recover. Please pray for a complete and speedy recovery from both the accident and for the loss of his wife, friends and fellow boaters. Bruce is the only surviver and has got a very long road to recovery.
I was not at the scene but the general concensus is that something failed on Flash Gordons boat, causing it to make a sharp left turn, directly into the path of the oncoming boat of Bruce and Myra Gibson(The Nashville Catz).It appears that it was an unavoidable and tragic ACCIDENT. Once again, I was not at the scene.
We will stay here as long as it takes. If anyone needs us, we can be reached at 504-416-3607 or [email protected]. Please only call if nessesary. Thank you all for your support and prayers, they will need every bit of it. Eddie
Very very sad. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I only slept about an hour last night. I kept getting up and coming back to OSO and reading the posts. I just can't imagine the heartache these familys are feeling. I have been on Poker runs with both of the boats but never met them. We have shared our hello waves on runs but that's it. It makes me sad to have never taken the time to go over and talk with them. I am still so sick to my stomach over this. Even though I have never actually had the pleasure of meeting these people, I still feel I have lost close friends. This has really opened my eyes to a lot of things.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What terrible news to wake up to on a Sunday morning. Bruce and Myra attended Smoke on the Water this year. Two of the kindest people we have ever met. They won third place and donated the money back to Make a Wish of Michigan. Our thoughts and prayers are with all families.

Jennifer,
We can look at our pictures from Smoke and if we have any of them we will get them to you.

Marc and Cherie’
Old 09-03-2006, 08:02 AM
NorTechNorth.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are deeply saddened and send our heartfelt condolences to all involved.

-Double R Performance
Old 09-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatme
What terrible news to wake up to on a Sunday morning. Bruce and Myra attended Smoke on the Water this year. Two of the kindest people we have ever met. They won third place and donated the money back to Make a Wish of Michigan. Our thoughts and prayers are with all families.

Jennifer,
We can look at our pictures from Smoke and if we have any of them we will get them to you.

Marc and Cherie’

Thank you. I would appreciate that a lot.

Jennifer
Old 09-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I only slept about an hour last night. I kept getting up and coming back to OSO and reading the posts. I just can't imagine the heartache these familys are feeling. I have been on Poker runs with both of the boats but never met them. We have shared our hello waves on runs but that's it. It makes me sad to have never taken the time to go over and talk with them. I am still so sick to my stomach over this. Even though I have never actually had the pleasure of meeting these people, I still feel I have lost close friends. This has really opened my eyes to a lot of things.
I feel the same I went to bed at 2 woke up at 7 but had nightmares all night. This board makes our community small, most of us have been on poker runs so we all understand
and all hurt. I can't stop thinking about the family members, I hope they have a loving support group around them.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 09-03-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Our thoughts a prayers go out to family and friends......

Quick Reply: lake texoma accident !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.