Default Re: lake texoma accident !!!

Without A Doubt One Of The Biggest Tradgedies To Ever Happen In This Sport

Heartfelt Condolences To All Involved
Old 09-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Temptation
Latest update on Bruce according to the news report is that he is listed in fair condition now. That's good news as far as his physical recovery at least. I understand his son Will is now with him also.

The report also stated that Gordon's daughter and son-in-law, who also perished in the accident, just celebrated their wedding anniversary and leave behind a one year old child. Another sad bit of news to learn.
Was Amy Gordon's daughter?......Steve_O
Old 09-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fresh Water Only
Sad story that based on posts here and PM’s I receive cannot and will not be solved by the boating community.
I tried to save you embarrasement. BUT you have no idea what you are talking about. Please end your membership before you spend any money.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:38 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Most of the insensative posts seem to have been made by new members, or by members that are not really part of the OSO family, I have to wonder if they have ulterior motives
What constitutes being īpart of the OSO family?ī I donīt own a boat and am never (unfortunately) likely too - some would say that the very statement you have written is insensitive as it makes people like me feel like an outsider!! Letīs just hope that the people who you think have alterior motives simply havenīt experienced the terrible loss that we experience when someone who means the world to us is no longer there.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find that it is always best to settle my mind down before posting on a tragedy such as this. I am stunned at the the level of loss...... 2 young children without parents, families torn apart, loved ones gone in an instant. I offer my deepest sympathies and my promise of helping in any way I can. I dont need to know these people personally .... they are/were members of the "family".

As for the whole poker run safety issue..... I dont know how much more we can collectively take before legislators step in. Out of repect for this thread I will save that discussion for another time.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:47 AM
Mindi

I am shocked and saddened, living life to the fullest has its risks, but where do you draw the line? This was a terrible accident, whatever happened, still an accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved, and wishes for strength and peace for Bruce.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:20 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhlaw
I find that it is always best to settle my mind down before posting on a tragedy such as this. I am stunned at the the level of loss...... 2 young children without parents, families torn apart, loved ones gone in an instant. I offer my deepest sympathies and my promise of helping in any way I can. I dont need to know these people personally .... they are/were members of the "family".
My thoughts exactly, so tragic.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Thoughts and prayers
Old 09-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Registered

Does anyone know if the children left behind have been left in financially stable condition? The reason I am asking is, as many of you know I am a financial advisor with the largest financial institution in the world and would be happy to establish and administer (free of any costs or expenses) a fund for the benefit of these unfortunate children. If anyone has any information or if the membership here would like to pursue this idea, please let me know.

Possibly an OSO attorney could help me with any legal documents and filing that may be required.

I just want to be able to help in some fashion. In situations like this, as hard as it is for the adult friends and family, my heart just bleeds for the little ones.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Gold Member

Very very sad! my thaught and prayers.

Quick Reply: lake texoma accident !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.