Notices

lake texoma accident !!!

Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: lake texoma accident !!!

My thoughts and prayers to all involved.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our Condolences for all families this has touched :-(
Old 09-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige
What constitutes being ´part of the OSO family?´ I don´t own a boat and am never (unfortunately) likely too - some would say that the very statement you have written is insensitive as it makes people like me feel like an outsider!! Let´s just hope that the people who you think have alterior motives simply haven´t experienced the terrible loss that we experience when someone who means the world to us is no longer there.
Where did she mention if you didn't have a boat you weren't part of the OSO family. Your post is ridiculous and it's been said at least 5 times this post is for family condolenses. Many of us on here know each other well. From on OSO and from poker runs etc. There are 3 or 4 people that have never been on OSO and are turning this thread into something it was not or should not be. How you could turn Ms PatriYacht post as it was directed to you or anyone else but the 3 or 4 people that have been trying to cause controverys is beyond ridiculous.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Horrible, simply horrible. My deepest sympathy for those involved, their families and the two young children who are now parentless. Life can change in a instant, a milli second, a heartbeat. We have all seen it before, we will all see it again

Please hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. You just never know when it will be your last chance to do so.

It takes 9 months to bring a life into existence, but only one brief, unplanned, accidental instant to end one. PLEASE BE SAFE OUT THERE.

We all do what we do by choice, of our own free will. In doing so we accept certain risks and sometimes certain inevetabilties. We work hard, we play harder because it helps us feel alive. We entertain our selves with danger, its what we do, but we must always strive for safety for the sake of those we leave behind.

Bruce, although we have never met, I offer my greatest hopes for your complete and speedy recovery, both physically and emotionally.

Sean Rodrigue.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thoughts and prayers to all involed ,so sad
Old 09-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered

this is verry sad news thoughts and prayers for all the familys . robbie rogers
Old 09-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered

God Bless. Our hearts and prayres go out to the families. Very sad......Dave
Old 09-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
What Is It With All The First Time Posters That Are Stirring The Pot.
This Is Not The Time Or Thread
Have A Little Respect.

they need to be poofed and suspended
Old 09-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

I was sitting in a restaraunt with my family when I got the call a couple hours after this horrible tragedy occured. I have felt so sick since then, and haven't even been able to post anything. My prayers go out to all involoved. My heart aches for the ones who are left behind to deal with the instant loss of life. The Lanes whom were with Gordon left behind a 1yr old baby girl, and a 7yr old. As well as Will and Bruce losing their mother/wife, I just can't imagine the hurt. I have read this thread over and over and struggle with tears. I have never met either family, but as a family that this board creates I feel like we have lost some of our own blood.
Godspeed and R.I.P.

Corey and Jenni
Old 09-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Gino, for those of you that don't get it, being part of the OSO family is not about having a boat, it is about the love and SUPPORT of offshore boating. It also means being an active and contributing member and it means being around a while and posting some. It also means rallying around someone when support is needed, help when tech questions arise, and praise when someone deserves it. Because of the nature of our hobby a lot of us travel around to different venues, so that does help in getting to know members but it is not necessary. Unfortunately all to often when something controversial happens new or inactive members pop up and based on history it is often to stir the pot.
However there are exceptions like with JenniferKnot, but I think her intentions are quite clear and genuine and very welcome here. The OSO family wants to embrace the families involved in the tradgey on this thread, not point fingers, real OSO members know that.

Quick Reply: lake texoma accident !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.