Notices

lake texoma accident !!!

Old 09-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: lake texoma accident !!!

From my family to those of everyone involved and everyone who had the misfortune of witnessing this tragic accident: Please know that our prayers and condolences are with you.
Bruce, we are praying for your total recovery.

For anyone who has requested photos and cares to use them for an honorable purpose, I have found these three photos which I personally took at the 2005 Lake Cumberland Poker Run last September. Feel free to use them. You may email me at [email protected] if you have difficulty downloading.

You may also email me if you need the full size images which are quite large (2-3MB each.)

Dr N.
Attached Thumbnails lake texoma accident !!!-nashville-catz-2.jpg   lake texoma accident !!!-nashville-catz.jpg   lake texoma accident !!!-nashville-catz-3.jpg  

Last edited by DrNautica; 09-05-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered

I never met these people, but they sound like they were wonderful people that spread a lot of joy. My thoughts are with their families.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Registered

I'm not a Offshore boater but I found this link searching for more on this story. I am a member of a go fast bassboat community and we have several members who can run tripple digits. I do not have the same view about offshore people as some do, I respect all boaters and the ones I have met on Texoma have been very nice and are great drivers. I have grown up on Texoma and my family still has a lake place there. I have learned to enjoy all forms of boating but freedom and going fast are in my blood. I dont have a large offshore rig but I do have a very fast Bullet bassboat. I hope I am not intruding here but I needed to post this so you know not everyone outside of your community is pointing fingers.

My heart goes out to the families involved and the entire Offshore boating community. This was a tragic loss and please accept my heartfelt condolences from my family to yours. We are praying for you all in this time of sadness and loss.

Rick Harris
Old 09-05-2006, 12:22 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OKBullet
I'm not a Offshore boater but I found this link searching for more on this story. I am a member of a go fast bassboat community and we have several members who can run tripple digits. I do not have the same view about offshore people as some do, I respect all boaters and the ones I have met on Texoma have been very nice and are great drivers. I have grown up on Texoma and my family still has a lake place there. I have learned to enjoy all forms of boating but freedom and going fast are in my blood. I dont have a large offshore rig but I do have a very fast Bullet bassboat. I hope I am not intruding here but I needed to post this so you know not everyone outside of your community is pointing fingers.

My heart goes out to the families involved and the entire Offshore boating community. This was a tragic loss and please accept my heartfelt condolences from my family to yours. We are praying for you all in this time of sadness and loss.

Rick Harris
Mr. Harris:

Your post should be the model for all first time posters on OSO. Thank you for showing unconditional support and exceptional class.

My condolences to the families of those that lost their lives doing what they loved. To Bruce, please know that you have a very dedicated and caring extended family that will be here for you throughout your physical and emotional recoveries.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 09-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

Hi to everyone, this is a sad day in the boating world, this is the time for us to remember that we are very fortunate for the things we have and the people that we are fortunate enough to share them with. My prayers go out to everyone involved. This was a very unfortunate ACCIDENT, and was very truley and accident, no need in pointing fingers at any cause an accident is an accident, i will guarantee that no one was at fault here, this was just a very misfortunate occurance. God Speed.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered

We are from Lake Texoma and have participated in the High Rollers Poker Run in previous years. We look forward to this weekend every year. Seeing the boats that come from all over is overwhelming. There are some beautiful boats out there and the fact that they come to little old Lake Texoma is pretty awesome.

I have been on the lake for around 33 years, and I can tell you that this tragedy was felt all weekend and the mood was definitely somber. Please know that we Okie's are decent people and we are praying for all those families and loved ones out there that are affected by this awful tragedy.

We knew and had been around Gordan and Ann, but it doesn't matter who you know and who you don't know when a tragedy occurs it affects all.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered

I have some great photos of Gordon's boat that I took when he brought it here last summer. I also have three short mpegs of him firing up the turbines as they put the boat in the water. What an awsome sound that was! We have his other boat- to be here at our shop. Our glass man who posted earlier was very good friends with Gordon. I always thought that he redefined "badass". I remember the first eliminator with the singe turbine too. I have been in the boating business over twenty years and I have never seen anything like it before or since. If offshore only wants the pictures or the videos shoot me an e-mail and I will send them in.
This was a tremendous loss indeed.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BK
T2x,

I'm the one who took that photo in your post above. It was at San Diego - & it still chokes me up all these years later. He was a friend & such a good guy, and I sure wish he could have been able to see the future - and an image of that wagon. Maybe he would have changed his mind about safety capsules.

Still just breaks my heart.

As does this tragedy too. They are always so hard. God speed to them all.

BK~
Hi Kitten:

I've kept that picture as a constant reminder of the, parents, wives, siblings, friends, and children affected so totally, and permanently every time one of these sickening tragedies occurs.

Thanks for putting it out there for the rest of us to contemplate.

T2x
Old 09-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered

All involved will be in our prayers, especially the children.

Dave and Beth Farrington
Old 09-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Guys --- Clearly, when events such as these occur it hits different "hot buttons" within us all --- and we all "react" differently.

As we are a brotherhood here, let's remember to support one another, rather than throwing daggers (directly or passively) ---- remembering to choose to act (vs. react).

--- And yes, I believe we all agree that safety is #1. So, regardless of who's right..... for the moment, consider empathy for those grieving.

Joe

God bless all those involved, including loved ones and friends and family.

Quick Reply: lake texoma accident !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.