Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   lake texoma accident !!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139464-lake-texoma-accident.html)

customryder 09-17-2006 01:07 PM

Re: lake texoma accident !!!

Bruce,
Get well soon buddy... If you ever need someone to talk to give me a call 270 442 1777....anytime

Jeff Bratton
Paducah
36 nor tech cat

mrhorsepower1 09-18-2006 04:22 PM

WOW! :( Again prayers to all. So Sad.

TeamSaris 09-18-2006 07:34 PM

:( :( :( Just about cryin!! :( :(

blambert 09-20-2006 04:58 PM

I am the Secretary of Bayview Boat Club in Dallas, Texas and am trying to get in touch with the family of Myra Gibson. On Saturday, September 9th our boat club held a memorial boat run in honor of Gordon, Ann, Justin, Amy and Myra. At Lunch we held a Celebration of Life service and had three 3 x 5' flags (one for each respective family) for everyone to write tributes and rememberances. I currently have possession of Myra's flag and want to get it to Bruce and her family, but don't have contact information. If you're her family and/or know how to contact them, will you please contact me so we can get them her flag - a most precious keepsake?
Barry Lambert - Secretary Bayview Boat Club
[email protected]
Cell 214-478-9008

JenniferKnott 09-21-2006 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by blambert
I am the Secretary of Bayview Boat Club in Dallas, Texas and am trying to get in touch with the family of Myra Gibson. On Saturday, September 9th our boat club held a memorial boat run in honor of Gordon, Ann, Justin, Amy and Myra. At Lunch we held a Celebration of Life service and had three 3 x 5' flags (one for each respective family) for everyone to write tributes and rememberances. I currently have possession of Myra's flag and want to get it to Bruce and her family, but don't have contact information. If you're her family and/or know how to contact them, will you please contact me so we can get them her flag - a most precious keepsake?
Barry Lambert - Secretary Bayview Boat Club
[email protected]
Cell 214-478-9008

Mr. Lambert - I just sent you an e-mail.

Thanks,

Jennifer Knott

NashvilleCatzAgain 09-22-2006 08:53 AM

My name is Elijah Minter...

This was my mother in the accident and step-dad. I miss her so much. My wife and I have only attended one poker run in my parents many years of attendance.

I hope the sport continues...
I keep telling myself my mother died with a smile from ear to ear doing exactly what she loved to do;
and still today feels no pain.

I am always at a loss of what to tell my younger brother when he asks me so many questions.

Please be kind to all those involved and I appreciate your kind words.

Elijah Minter ( [email protected] )

We have set up a fund for my Brothers School in My mother’s name:
http://www.mrsmyrasmission.org/

Please spread the word for this wonderful memory of my Mother.

I am not a member of many other forums so i ask you to pass this website along.

Sloman 09-22-2006 09:01 AM

God Bless you and your family and stay strong we will keep you in our prayers

Fountain38 09-22-2006 09:02 AM

Our hearts and prayers go out to your family. Put some faith in God that your Brother will be fine in time. He also needs to understand that his Mom did exactly what she enjoyed doing--Going fast on water. I can only guess how hard things must be, but keep the faith. You have lot of friends pulling for you all.

offshoredrillin 09-22-2006 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by NashvilleCatzAgain

I hope the sport continues...
I keep telling myself my mother died with a smile from ear to ear doing exactly what she loved to do;
and still today feels no pain.

I am always at a loss of what to tell my younger brother when he asks me so many questions.

Please be kind to all those involved and I appreciate your kind words.

Please spread the word for this wonderful memory of my Mother.

I am not a member of many other forums so i ask you to pass this website along.

Elijah, I havent posted on this thread as too many people got emotional, but with your post I will share this.

In 1996 and in 1998 I lost both of my parents to cancer. When you brother asks a question, you may try to answer this way. Time will truly heal all wounds and in time you will find that you wont cry as often, but when you do, you will still cry just as hard. As with my parents I had time to prepare, the families involved here had none.
I wish the best for your family and the speedy recovery for your step father. Be there for each other and remember the grieving process will take your emotions in many different directions, none of these are wrong. there is no set time for this process either. It is also ok to think about each of them and to talk to people, be there for your little brother and by helping him, you will find that you can help yourself...

Sincerely,
Rob Freeman

gsmith9898 09-22-2006 09:37 AM

Hang in there Eligah, our prayers go out to you and your brother.