Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Floating Reporter-9/3/06-OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run! >

Floating Reporter-9/3/06-OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run!

Notices

Floating Reporter-9/3/06-OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run!

Old 09-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Floating Reporter-9/3/06-OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run!

Nice. I'm glad everything worked out. I was having a big party at my house yesterday, and I swear it RAINED ALL DAMN DAY.

Thanks for the pics!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS, Thanks for posting the pictures!

I will have a video promo post later this week.

We are glad everyone enjoyed the poker run this past weekend.

Thanks for attending the poker run and we look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Ron & Michelle Long
Old 09-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Ron

Thanks for putting on a great run...The location of everything makes it easy with the ramp across the street & the docks in the back yard of the hotel. We had a great time & enjoyed every minute. The lunch stop was great & the pool was a +++. Can't wait until the next run in Sarasota at the Hyatt.

Steve
Old 09-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

News is the Hyatt boat house and the Quay is going away later this year and early next. The boat house is going to be a yatch club and the Quay is being torn down. However there will be new and super nice docks for next year at the Vinoy in St. Pete. This was were the 1st on water card stop was. the Vinoy is even nicer than the Hyatt and a Poker Run out of there would be super. There are excellent ramps right around the corner too.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Registered

Thanks to Ron & Michelle and everyone involved for putting on another great run!!
The lunch stop and food was the best all year. It was great to see everyone. Thanks for posting the pics LS.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
News is the Hyatt boat house and the Quay is going away later this year and early next. The boat house is going to be a yatch club and the Quay is being torn down. However there will be new and super nice docks for next year at the Vinoy in St. Pete. This was were the 1st on water card stop was. the Vinoy is even nicer than the Hyatt and a Poker Run out of there would be super. There are excellent ramps right around the corner too.
That really is a damn shame.
I really like the Hyatt and that basin. There have been countless races and runs there over many years. The pics in the boathouse alone tell the tales.

Anyway, the new waterfront beutification and expansion in St. Pete is going to be nice.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I was talking to someone over the weekend who is familiar with the whole ordeal and it will not happen as soon as you think. The Hyatt should be there for another few years.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
I was talking to someone over the weekend who is familiar with the whole ordeal and it will not happen as soon as you think. The Hyatt should be there for another few years.
That's what I'm thinking too. I've been hearing about the Hyatt going away for well over a year. I just don't think the city will allow it. That hotel just brings in too much revenue to the city, more than just the taxes the few will pay that own the property. Those people who own it, will be there about two months out of the year. The city has to think about all the people who come to that hotel, spend money at the hotel (not to mention the hotel bed tax), spend money at restaurants, and all the shops around there, including St Armand's Circle. I can see the city buying the hotel before they let it go condo.

I think it is THE best place to stay on the water in our entire state.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
That's what I'm thinking too. I've been hearing about the Hyatt going away for well over a year. I just don't think the city will allow it. That hotel just brings in too much revenue to the city, more than just the taxes the few will pay that own the property. Those people who own it, will be there about two months out of the year. The city has to think about all the people who come to that hotel, spend money at the hotel (not to mention the hotel bed tax), spend money at restaurants, and all the shops around there, including St Armand's Circle. I can see the city buying the hotel before they let it go condo.

I think it is THE best place to stay on the water in our entire state.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Cuda - I wish you were right, but the City really does not have a lot they can do if the owners of the Hyatt want to sell. Many said the same thing about the Quay - but have you seen it lately - I think the only tenant left is Daruma, and from what I understand, they are there because of their lease and unwillingness to negotiate an "exit payment/lease buyout". I agree with you that this was one of the best boat destinations, and as CigDaze said, the boathouse is rich with racing history. Its sad to see this landmark go, but unless I'm wrong, its too late for saving it...
Old 09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

The local paper had an article on the WCI- Hyatt deal and it stated that the developer was backing off many condo projects(15 +) but they were going to move forward with 2-3 and they want the Hyatt to be one of them. The sale price was listed as 61 or 65 million and the Hyatt is the largest waterfront hotel/ convention center with 241 rooms.

I tried to find the link to post but it won't let me re-read article in archives to confirm it was the article!

It is a cool marina and reasonably priced hotel but with the condos across the street from the boat ramp next to the Citgo selling from the $400's the waterfront at the Hyatt site will bring bigger profits for WCI.

Quick Reply: Floating Reporter-9/3/06-OPBA Long Labor Day Poker Run!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.