Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NJPPC Video & Photo Shoot August 31st - only 7 spots left!! >

NJPPC Video & Photo Shoot August 31st - only 7 spots left!!

Notices

NJPPC Video & Photo Shoot August 31st - only 7 spots left!!

Old 08-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJPPC Video & Photo Shoot August 31st - only 7 spots left!!

Everyone always wants videos and pictures of their boats! We have played with the idea of hiring a helicopter for one of our poker run events and two things have always stopped us.

#1 Expense
#2 Quality Footage

#1 Expense – NJPPC always tries to give everyone the best value for their buck. If we were to include a helicopter in our Atlantic City poker run it would push the cost to over $1000 per boat. If we were to include a helicopter in the Barnegat Bay poker run it would push the cost over $600. This is why we have always decided not to include a helicopter at our poker runs. We have always prided ourselves on trying to keep our entry fees on par with what you get in return.

#2 Quality Footage – The biggest complaints about poker run videos is “there was only 10 seconds of footage of my boat” & “I paid for footage and my boat was never in it.” As a poker run producer it is impossible to guarantee anyone quality footage during a poker run because there are so many other factors going on.

So what is going to make this video different????
NJ Performance Powerboat Club is producing it!

Read the following to get all of the details and information.

1)* The only thing that 100% of our focus will be on this day will be a QUALITY VIDEO shoot. No stops, no cards, no meetings, no meals, etc..
2) * NO INTERVIEWS & NO COMMERCIALS!!!
3) * LIMITED TO 30 BOATS – no ifs, ands or buts. A limited number of boats ensures everyone quality footage.
4) * Controlled group speeds will be used to ensure great footage.
5) * We will be shooting on Thursday morning August 31st. Why a weekday? So we have the entire Barnegat Bay and the Atlantic Coastline almost entirely to ourselves. NO BOAT TRAFFIC and FEW FISHING BOATS provides us an opportunity to have the boats run as a group.
6)* Not only will each boat owner receive a DVD as part of the entry fee but the owner will also receive 4 color 8”x10” still photos of their boats as part of the package at no additional charge.
7) * Professional video & helicopter team – THINK FAST FILMS will be doing all of the video shooting and editing. The DVD will be finished and shipped to you 4 weeks after the shoot.
8)Professional still photos will be shot by NJPPC member Sharkey Marine. Tim just invested $3,000 in a new hi-tech digital camera with a 14” zoom lens.

You need to be a current NJPPC member to participate in this event. The event cost is $375.00. For more information on the event please email me at [email protected] and [email protected]
I assure you that if you decide to participate, you will not be disappointed.

Sincerely,
Dave Patnaude
President NJPPC
Old 08-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Default Re: NJPPC Video & Photo Shoot August 31st - only 7 spots left!!

I would love to do this but we wont be back from LOTO until earlier in the week. If the club does it again I will be in for sure. If the spots arent filled and my boat is still in one piece mybe Ill have to call in sick
Old 08-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Registered

The Poker Runs in Virginia are $250.00 for crew of (2).
That includes Ramp Fees, Trailer Parking, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Captain's Goodie Bag (Gym Bag, not a plastic shopping bag), (2) T-Shirts, and (1) Poker Hand. Oh yeah, I forgot, plus helicopter photography by Randy Nuzzo.
If they can do it in VA, why can't we do it in NJ? Just curious.
Re Cicalese
Old 08-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Registered

Ive never been to one of the Viginia poker runs but I have done many NJPPC events. Ive always felt it was a good value and a first class event. I would expect nothing less of this event and if I was able....I would be in
Old 08-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by davere
The Poker Runs in Virginia are $250.00 for crew of (2).
That includes Ramp Fees, Trailer Parking, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Captain's Goodie Bag (Gym Bag, not a plastic shopping bag), (2) T-Shirts, and (1) Poker Hand. Oh yeah, I forgot, plus helicopter photography by Randy Nuzzo.
If they can do it in VA, why can't we do it in NJ? Just curious.
Re Cicalese
Hmmm lets see. Could it depend on the price per head of the shin-dig there putting on not to mention where. How bout how big the payouts are for the winning hands. I've never seen 1 that inexpensive.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Registered

There is no difference between VA and NJ except for the price. I've been to NJPPC and VA poker runs, so I know.
Also, NJ only has one or two good places to dock at and have lunch/entertainment. There's lots of places to go on the Chesapeake.
Trumps Marina is kind of dumpy inside, but the deck is nice, and that's probably the BEST spot in this area to go to.
They have excellent ramps in Virginia too, they really cater to the boating community there.
What do we have, Jimmy's DrumPoint and Cody's, woohoo...
Just being honest, it's not a personal attack on Dave, I like him. It is what it is.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude the Barnegat Bay Poker Run was $275 for crew of (2). Included Breakfast & Dinner. And to be very very honest with ya, the cost of living in NJ is more than in VA. Jeez, I don't know, give Randy a call and ask if he would cover the event @ no charge for us. But what does he charge for photos. I've seen people charge any bit of $25 - $100 for an 8x10.

You are lucky that VA caters to you and has Ramps. Being from the Sandy Hook area, we have only one excellent ramp with parking. But once you head south, it is not the case. We are very fortunate we have great friends in the Barnegat Bay area which allows us to keep our boat at a friends house, helps us launch the boat and allows us to keep the truck & trailer @ their house as well.

As far as your reference to Trumps and possibly the price to do that run, well, when dealing with AC it is like dealing with NY prices.

Sorry dude, but it all depends on the area of NJ you are from. Cause to be quite honest, I do not agree with you that Trumps in AC is the BEST area in NJ. In all of my 30 yrs+ of boating I have left the inlet in AC once, and that was on a fish boat. I have never had the urge to go that far south again. I found it quite boring down there. Just my 2cents.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

And on another note, I find $375 very inexpensive for the DVD and 4-8x10s
Old 08-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucididee
And on another note, I find $375 very inexpensive for the DVD and 4-8x10s
Not a dude, dude...
Find yourself a brewski and chillout
Old 08-16-2006, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by davere
Not a dude, dude...
Find yourself a brewski and chillout
Sorry about the dude thing, but I also am not a dude. I didn't mean to offend.

I'm just getting a little tired lately of people putting things down that others enjoy and look forward to doing, and/or complain about how much events cost.

Last edited by Lucididee; 08-16-2006 at 05:29 PM.

Quick Reply: NJPPC Video & Photo Shoot August 31st - only 7 spots left!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.