Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking For the Perfect Cat With These Specs (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139638-looking-perfect-cat-these-specs.html)

TSPM 09-07-2006 09:02 AM

Re: Looking For the Perfect Cat With These Specs

Originally Posted by Doug Wright
He has a new 26' that hits 100 mph with a stock 525 & bravo xr

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Have you seen this happen ? Was GPS or RADAR used to verify the 100 MPH? Can the boat handle rough water conditions? Can't wait to see the performance evalution in a major publication :drink:

Cat man do 09-07-2006 09:13 AM

NO REPLY? :evilb:

gsmith9898 09-07-2006 09:16 AM

Mine will go that fast with the stock 525efi on gps if you listen to my stories. Maybe faster if your cute. :eek: :evilb:

Cat man do 09-07-2006 09:17 AM

HEY A BOTTLE OF PATRONE WILL MAKE ANY BOAT RUN 100 :drink:

TSPM 09-07-2006 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cat man do
HEY A BOTTLE OF PATRONE WILL MAKE ANY BOAT RUN 100 :drink:

....and a gale force tail wind :D :D

ROTAX454 09-09-2006 12:38 PM

It is interesting to see the hull design differences between the east coast and west coast cat builders, i.e. douglas vs. eliminator. Since Spectra is now a west coast company (formally east coast), does that now mandate that a center pod be part of the hull design change? Just kidding.

stripp 10-11-2006 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have our demo boat (2006 model) that was just tested by Hot Boat in Key Largo and is about to be tested by Powerboat in Sarasota next week. The boat will be available for sale following the Powerboat test.

The boat is as Doug Wright said a 26'0" cat with a center pod. It has a very large cabin with a berth. It is equipped with a 525 ITS and shortened sportmaster with 1.5 gears and 34 labbed Bravo.

The only thing that goes against your "dream boat" is we have a wrap around windscreen which provides excellent wind protection even in the back seat and clear visability at any angle. The boat is completely loaded with options. Call me for details if you are interested or email me for pictures.

Steve Tripp
[email protected]
Revolution Performance Marine
www.rpmpowerboats.com

HotPursuit 10-11-2006 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
It is interesting to see the hull design differences between the east coast and west coast cat builders, i.e. douglas vs. eliminator. Since Spectra is now a west coast company (formally east coast), does that now mandate that a center pod be part of the hull design change? Just kidding.

\n
A 36 eliminator wont ride with a 32 skater in the rough.Eliminators are a great lake boat, nothing taking away from Bob!! You might want to compare DCB, Spectre,American Offshore,or Talon. Skater will always be the rolex of cat hulls,and you wont find a better person to deal with than Peter. Just MY 2 :evilb:

stripp 10-11-2006 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando
I like the windscreen. It protects everybody in the boat as opposed to the canopies, which allow the hurricane winds to make boating miserable for the people on the rear bench.

I prefer raceboat seating like the AO2600NSX, but the way you have the deck configured makes that impossible. Nice big cabin door so people bigger than midgets can get through. :evilb:

Can you cap the hull/deck joint? I like where the batts are too.

I also have trouble believing 100mph with a 525. The AO has to have 650hp to run that fast and it's 300lbs lighter.

Thanks for the compliments. We are a shoebox fit so we cannot cap the hull/deck.

Feel free to come and drive it! With the 34 it hits the limiter at 98.0. Setup to run 100, I will admit that it is slow out of the hole but it will run the number. Hot Boat ran 94 and 94.9 on radar with 500lbs of test team and gear and 400+lbs of fuel.

Side by side seating is nice but we could not do it and have cabin access. We tried!

Steve

Cattitude 10-11-2006 07:33 PM

It's all compromises- if you want somewhat of a cabin- rather than a space- you'll be getting a centerpod.

Not sure, but do the centerpod boats have better manners in the 40-70 range when the full tunnels are still working on packing (realizing whacker boats may be another story) sorry- no seat time in a true tunnelIf you find yourself leaning to a V and the canopything is negotiable- I've got a sweet Pantera:)

Also- are you looking for that size in real hull length or are you factoring in integral swim decks?- that may broaden your search. :D