Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/13981-made-my-already-hurting-eyes-just-about-pop-out-my-head.html)

Scott 01-22-2002 08:50 AM

I was there I SAW the crack I SAW the boat sink I SAW the water pouring back out of the boat when it was pulled. Cord did the right thing. This is wrong!!! Hear say my AZZZ.

AUDIO, Send him this testimony and all the others that watched this almost tradgedy happen!!! that will come forward with the truth and facts.

This has me so pissed I'm going to have to buy a new keyboard from slamming it so hard!!!!!
SCOTT

Cord 01-22-2002 09:13 AM

Yes, this is indeed my old boat. I sold it just over 2 weeks ago to a fellow in Canada. He contacted me a short time ago asking me to pull my ad off the board because he had decided to sell it instead of repairing it. When this ad was brought to my attention, I was rather disappointed in it. Here I had been very clear about the condition of the boat and it's defect. That's why I sold it for only $2,000 including trailer, trim pump, gimble and a set of exhaust manifolds. Basically the value was in the parts, not the hull. The hull was basically free.

There are so many falses in the ad, that I don't know where to begin. The boat simply will not run 76 with a 330. The best I ever got was 72 with a 365. With a 330 I'd be happy with 65. The owner knows this because I told him my best top speed.

The statement about the stress cracks is largely true. Admittedly, there are a few, but the body is in really excellent condition. The pictures don't lie. The problem is that he fails to mention of the 12" long crack in the keel. Or the rotted core. Or the broken stringer to transom joint. Or the glass chunks that are coming from the gas tank area. Or the powdered foam that covers the bilge. Yet the boat is "perfect in every way".

I was glad when the buyer came along. I knew that the costs to repair the boat were well in excess of the value, and I was getting close to taking the hull to the dump and having it destroyed. I don't know if I would have had the heart to follow through because I had a tough enough of a time just selling the boat. After all the problems with the drive, the insurance, and the fact that I still owe money on the boat, I now have to deal with the new owner trying to rip my friends off. It's just wrong.

CigDaze 01-22-2002 09:24 AM

Damn, that is just plain wrong! :mad: :mad: This guy must take us for a bunch of idiots. How the hell can he even think of advertising on the same place where he bought it from, amongst the same people who know Cord and this boat and even consider coming out with so many blatant lies! :mad: :mad:

G-Force 01-22-2002 10:07 AM

Audio - great heads up. This same guy also had a 38' Scarab for sale a while back - one can only wonder at what was wrong with that boat.
This guy needs to have his ads taken off the board and not be allowed back on. He is obviously a scam artist and the worst kind of scum. Loser.....

Luke_Chinewalker 01-22-2002 10:09 AM

unfu**ing believable :confused:

go to the ad and on the left side there is an "Alert Admin" option and spill the beans

"Hot and Minty" :rolleyes: "it does an honest 76mph" with a 330hp = JACKASS :mad:

Risk Taker 01-22-2002 10:12 AM

I agree with G.....he should be gone :mad: :mad: . In the meantime I believe his email address should be visited by EVERYONE on this board, to lete him know we are ALL onto his deal !!!!!! :mad: :mad:

puder 01-22-2002 10:13 AM

DEATH BY CATAPULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill272 01-22-2002 10:17 AM

The ******* has it out on boattraderonline.com too. I think it could be interesting if an ad just happened to appear for the same boat, with an accurate description of it's condition, and the $2000 price the guy paid for it. Something like this:
1988 CONCORD LS-7 , 25' , 25' , 25' HOT and MINTY are the two words to describe this mid-sized offshore. Broken and rotten are two other words used to describe it. It tops out at over 76 mph with its 7.4l 330 HP Bravo mercruiser engine. The last engine, a 365 HP 454 mag topped out at 72, you do the math. Full and partial covers. Bravo 1 drive with a stainless steel prop. Garage stored and carefully maintained. It only has 400 hours on it and shows like 50 hrs. The gelcoat is perfect with no stress cracks whatsoever and it shines like a 1999 model. It has a custom factory tri color upholstered interior and a small cabin underneath. There are no scratches, scrapes or defects on this boat,except for the 12 inch crack in the hull that without the heroic efforts of several people, would have sent it to the bottom of Lake Michigan. Coring is rotted and stringers are broken, but it looks good! Replacement for this boat is over $40,000. It also comes with with a beautiful tandem axle trailer. The trailer was totally refurbished last year. If you have been looking at such boats as fountain , scarab , baja , checkmate , formula , donzi ,hustler , cigarette, apache, eliminator, stinger , velocity , profile , powerplay , skater , htm , or advantage, this boat is priced right and may be the Diamond in the Rough you have been looking for. Its cheap to buy, affordable to run, and looks as hot as its bigger brothers in or out of the water.(looks better out of the water than in because you don't have to bail out the incoming rush of water.) Will consider trading up or down. Will import free of charge, delivery possible. Asking price is $14,900. Not bad for a totaled hull I bought for $2000, Huh??

skatermike24 01-22-2002 10:43 AM

Ok I must be missing something here, who is this guy and can someone tell me the story and history on this boat , cause it looks nice in the picture!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

G-Force 01-22-2002 10:49 AM

I just e-mailed Jeffrey...let's see what he does.