THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD >

THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Notices

THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Old 01-22-2002, 10:21 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't help myself. I had to send the guy another email: (he told me it would do 76 mph because it "only" wieghs 3500 lbs.)

Well, I just don't see how it can go that fast with a 330 when my friend Tim (who used to own that boat) could only coax 76 out of it with a healthy 365, light on fuel, and all alone on a 1' chop. I have to tell you, your add is bogus. I was with Tim when the boat sank on the shore of Lake Michigan (want the GPS coordinates of where it sat on the sand bottom for an hour+???). I was the FIRST one to see the damage when the boat was hauled. The crack was 12" long, and the core was litterally falling out of the boat. It is rotton. I also know that one stringer is cracked at the transom.

So what you're saying is this: You fixed the entire bottom of the boat in 2 weeks. Dried the core (or better yet, replaced it entirely), glassed it, and then gelled it. Then you fixed the stringer issue. Then you stuck a used 330 (did you use the manifolds you more or less conned Tim out of??) in it and claim to hit 76 mph? In Manitoba? In January?? I have my doubts. I have run next to Tim on more than one occassion, and NEVER at 76 mph. And so have a LOT of others I know. Including my other 6 friends who were in their boats at the time of the sinking. And then there's the US Coast Gaurd that towed the boat back to port to be hauled. They have a report on file to the extent of the damage. I am telling you now, if you sell that boat in the US, and the new owner has a mishap due to your "repair" and non-disclosure, you will be held liable. The Coast Gaurd will be notified of your intent to sell this boat in the US. If you doubt me, go ahead and sell the boat in the US without telling the buyer about the damage and repair, and that goes for the Scarab too. Wonder what your not discosing in your add about that boat??

It would be in your best interest to FULLY disclose the damage to that boat before you sell it. $14,000??? Not on it's best day since it sank. Beautiful boat as long as you don't look at the bottom. Or the stringer.

Mike
Old 01-22-2002, 10:26 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice ***** slap there Waterfoul
Old 01-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

dude, IM me now
Old 01-22-2002, 10:46 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I am booting up that computer now. Give me a second. I have been using the desktop for the large screen. I have AOL on the laptop only.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:54 PM
Registered

Unhappy

GlassDave is correct on the procedures to fixing such a problem, am certain that the Geougeon bros would feel the same way !!

Take HIM to the cleaners
Old 01-22-2002, 11:20 PM
Registered

Glad you guys are doing what you are!!!!!
Waterfoul, Well said!!
I will be shooting out a couple of emails tonight as well.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:22 PM
Registered

Hey Cord, do you have any pictures of the damage to the boat? They might look good on a similar add on traderonline so that it would come up anytime his add does.
Just a thought
Old 01-22-2002, 11:26 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Red Stripe, Tim is emailing me a pic tomorrow. I'll post a link to it for ya'll to see.

Hey, you up for a pop at the Holland American Legion Thrusday late afternoon?? See my post.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts
After reading this I feel sorry for the guy who bought the Scarab. It looked like a nice deal. Cord's boat looked nice also, if you don't know the story. If anyone knows this guys offshore name mail it to me so I never buy anything from him.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: KCHOTBOAT ]
Old 01-23-2002, 12:30 AM
elimi

This is good chit!Good catch audio!
Being ripped off many times myself I like to see scammers,liars and cheats with no allegiance except to the almighty dollar at other peoples possible injury and expense-exposed for what they really are-I cant say what im thinking cuz ill be censored so %$@$%^^^$,&&^%$^*%#$$%@#@<9(*&&^*^%^&#@$%%$%@#$ $@#$%

Quick Reply: THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.