Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Would You Do (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139827-what-would-you-do.html)

wrinkleface 09-07-2006 10:45 AM

Re: What Would You Do

:blaster:

Audiofn 09-07-2006 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
So you can't mow your lawn in your town?

"Hear it in your living room, with the tv on..."

How big is a living room? Which side of the house is the living room on? How big is the tv? Which way does it face? What volume level? Are windows single pane or double?

Seriously, Who comes up with this sht? I hate politicians. :mad:

Man I was thinking all the same things but the doubl pane glass!! I can have my tv up loud enough that if a bomb went off I could not hear it. However, a plane just flew over my house I think I will have to shoot it down!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sounds to me like if they were to give you a ticket it would not be hard to win and my guess is that as long as you are as courteous as possible that the judge will be pissed with them issuing you a ticket.

Jon

Cat man do 09-07-2006 10:56 AM

FIRE IT UP!!!!!!!!! :evilb: :evilb:

cig1988 09-07-2006 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
So you can't mow your lawn in your town?

"Hear it in your living room, with the tv on..."

How big is a living room? Which side of the house is the living room on? How big is the tv? Which way does it face? What volume level? Are windows single pane or double?

Seriously, Who comes up with this sht? I hate politicians. :mad:

LOL!!!!
That's nothing. I sold one of the Cig's early spring within 2 weeks into the boat slip season. Registered my 20' jet boat so I can keep my spot. For the '31 it cost $2700+change for the season beacuse they only refund 1/2 seasons. Mind you 2 weeks into the season. I got back $200.00 for the change in footage.
NOW...I ask them had I'd done this in reverse. It would cost from the point I change the registration till end of season. Go figure.
Cant wait till we move to Lake Murray!!!

yahoo 09-07-2006 11:16 AM

I had a problem at my old business location. whenever we would page someone in the warehouse the lady that lived behind us would call the police.

I finally printed the ordinance and bought a decibel meter, everytime the cops would come out I would hand them a copy of the ordinance and ask them if they would like to use my meter to test.

After about 20 visits they quit coming.

CM

scarab39 09-07-2006 12:54 PM

I agree with Cig 100%. It's a whole lot easier to handle situations like this when you have the facts and know the law.

Strip Poker 388 09-07-2006 01:28 PM

The person that's complaing will have to go to the police dept/.court house and file a legal complaint against you to do anything about it,Unless its during the time frame of the noise ordnance.

They usallly want do that and dont want to go to court about it,

woogie 09-07-2006 02:01 PM

Most of the times I think the cops really hate having to deal with these situations but if they don't the ole bitty will prob. call their boss and complain even more .

Remember years ago we were working on our cars and neighbor lady comes over *****in. Not like we did it every day but she called the cops and they said nothing. 10 min later she is back so we took an old Wisconsin v4 that burned oil and had a straight pipe, bloted it to a big piece of plywood and took a hi-lo and set it on the property line. Filled the tank and ran a string from the throttle all the way back to the bldg. Fired it up and everytime she came out we let it go back to idle. Soon as she went back in , back to full throttle. She went nuts!! Cops came back again and as soon as they walked inside our building they burst out laughing.

If you have ever heard a Wisconsin v4 with a straight pipe ....

cig1988 09-07-2006 02:05 PM

The county PD really has no noise restrictions during certain hours. The township does but they need to be present with a decibel meter while the engine is running. Sooo I'm going outside and fire both of 'em for 10 minutes.

cig1988 09-07-2006 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by woogie
Most of the times I think the cops really hate having to deal with these situations but if they don't the ole bitty will prob. call their boss and complain even more .

Remember years ago we were working on our cars and neighbor lady comes over *****in. Not like we did it every day but she called the cops and they said nothing. 10 min later she is back so we took an old Wisconsin v4 that burned oil and had a straight pipe, bloted it to a big piece of plywood and took a hi-lo and set it on the property line. Filled the tank and ran a string from the throttle all the way back to the bldg. Fired it up and everytime she came out we let it go back to idle. Soon as she went back in , back to full throttle. She went nuts!! Cops came back again and as soon as they walked inside our building they burst out laughing.

If you have ever heard a Wisconsin v4 with a straight pipe ....

What's that ?