Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I hate negotiating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139899-i-hate-negotiating.html)

Steve_H 09-07-2006 08:11 PM

I hate negotiating

You find a boat you like but its way overpriced. Do you make an offer anyway and risk pissing the guy off or just wish him luck and move on? I usually do the later because there really isnt a suptile way to make an offer without it seaming like I'm lowballing him. :(

gsmith9898 09-07-2006 08:14 PM

Re: I hate negotiating

I act like I will probably take it, but will have to go to the bank. I call back the next day and tell them I'll have to pass because the bank would only loan X amount. That will normally open the door for negotiation.

AeroSpeedMarine 09-07-2006 08:15 PM

just ask you never know he might need to get rid of it but just throwing a number out there to see if theres any buyers theres an a$$ for every seat just finding that a$$ to pay for it .. i get offered redicoulus numbers all day on boats cars trucks you name it but you know sometimes i take it . money in hand is better then nothing.

just my 2 cents.

glassdave 09-07-2006 08:19 PM

i've always hated the negoiation process as well. but ya gotta start some where and it really comes down to two things. how badly you want to own it and how badly he wants to sell it. sometimes it works out and sometimes it dont.

t500hps 09-07-2006 08:26 PM

Just sold my boat last weekend. Ended up taking 80% of my original asking price. It's September and it needed to go!!!!!

Steve_H 09-07-2006 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps
Just sold my boat last weekend. Ended up taking 80% of my original asking price. It's September and it needed to go!!!!!

how do you offer someone 55.7 % of their asking price? :eek:

I dont mind paying what its worth but i refuse to take a beating up front. that will happen soon enough......

cosmic12 09-07-2006 08:37 PM

Ilove it thats 1/2 the fun of buying or selling somthing :rolleyes: you gotta start some where . have you ever paid the asking price? have you ever got your asking price? throw out a number and see where it goe's. all he can do is say no, then you say well where are you ? make it fun! :p

Hydrolift 09-07-2006 08:43 PM

Someone said: When buyer and seller are equally dissatisfied. Then you got a deal to live with. :D

You always have to give and take :drink:

Steve_H 09-07-2006 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hydrolift
Someone said: When the seller and buyer are equally dissatisfied. Then you got a deal.
You always have to give and take :D

never heard that but oh so true :D

jryan26 09-07-2006 08:45 PM

Are you talking about the powerplay?