Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wave Runner Problems In Sarasota (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140023-wave-runner-problems-sarasota.html)

SCRAPMAN1 09-09-2006 11:54 AM

Wave Runner Problems In Sarasota

Lisa And I Are Out A Few Days Ago In The Hustler Coming In Big Pass. The Flying Fish Deep Sea Boat Is Ahead Of Us. For Those Who Dont Know This Boat Produces 6 Foot Rollers As It Comes In The Pass Which Makes It A Favorite For Wave Jumping. As We Approach From The Rear We Start To Cross The Wake When Some Phucktard On A Wave Runner Who Was Coming In From The Side Jumps Right In Front Of Us. I Powered Down Hooked The Boat Hard To Starboard To Miss This Idiot. After This He Acts Like We Are The Idiots. If I Was A Drunk He Would Be Chum Right Now. If You Know Any Wave Runner Pilots In Sarasota Tell Em To Be Careful As We Dont Need Any Accidents To Feed The Fire We Have With Our Water Rights Being Questioned. And As For My Friend On The Wave Runner -- He Should Sent Lisa A Thank- You Card For Not Telling Me Until We Got Back To The Ramp About Him Flipping Me The Finger After I Turned My Back To Drive Away.

tommymonza 09-09-2006 02:44 PM

Re: Wave Runner Problems In Sarasota

There are some real azzwhoes around here on them.I was pulled up on the beach in the boat a few years ago and was just breaking out lunch and some little jigger on a ski comes by the boat and sprays it getting everything including our lunch drenched.Fired up the boat and chased him back to the scum beach that they all launch at to kick some azz.Phuckin mob came after me before i could get to the beach.Their so out of control here the marine patrol ignores them.

ReggieRaft 09-09-2006 06:58 PM

Now when I come up on these guys I back off just to be safe. I was comming up the hudson one evening on my way home after burgers and beers.
feeling good, driving a little to fast ,(90) when one of these guys did one of those 360 turns across my path. Almost took him out. He never knew how close he came to seeing god that day. I was so freaked out I pulled his buddy over and chewed his ass out. Made it clear that they need to be more aware. Even though he would have caused the accident he would be dead a I would be there to take the blame for speeding ,drinking,wrongful death.The lawyers would still be feeding on my money.So with that said now I just slow down for a second then go on my way. Its cheaper in the long run.

THEJOKER 09-09-2006 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They should be outlawed. People have no clue!

hunster 09-09-2006 09:37 PM

I love to jump the waves myself BUT I never chase those big cruiser wakes when there is another boat near or overtaking the barge throwing the wake. I also never make those sharp turns without looking over the shoulder at what is coming up my stern just as I do when running the scarab! The beach bikers are a dangerous bunch overall but here in this over-regulated state jumping a wake as to make the hull become airborne is "illegal" and the marine police do write you for it every time! We here also need a special licence for pwc's and now this year for powerboats too. I'll be in sarasota for the winter , know the flying fish fleet , and will be watching out for the secret society of suicidal jet ski riders down there! :rolleyes:

ratman 09-09-2006 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by SCRAPMAN1
Lisa And I Are Out A Few Days Ago In The Hustler Coming In Big Pass. The Flying Fish Deep Sea Boat Is Ahead Of Us. For Those Who Dont Know This Boat Produces 6 Foot Rollers As It Comes In The Pass Which Makes It A Favorite For Wave Jumping. As We Approach From The Rear We Start To Cross The Wake When Some Phucktard On A Wave Runner Who Was Coming In From The Side Jumps Right In Front Of Us. I Powered Down Hooked The Boat Hard To Starboard To Miss This Idiot. After This He Acts Like We Are The Idiots. If I Was A Drunk He Would Be Chum Right Now. If You Know Any Wave Runner Pilots In Sarasota Tell Em To Be Careful As We Dont Need Any Accidents To Feed The Fire We Have With Our Water Rights Being Questioned. And As For My Friend On The Wave Runner -- He Should Sent Lisa A Thank- You Card For Not Telling Me Until We Got Back To The Ramp About Him Flipping Me The Finger After I Turned My Back To Drive Away.

i just worry i'll damage a drive or prop when i run over the aholes.

Michael1 09-10-2006 01:46 AM

This is where a surface drive comes in handy. Blast them with a rooster tail! If they get too close, they'll be staring at 4000 rpm worth of sharp blades. :evilb:

Michael