Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer >

care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer

Notices

care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer

Old 09-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer

It's Kevlar layup - you should be able to pull it with this.

It already has a Hitch.
Attached Thumbnails care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer-yugo_rear.jpg  
Old 09-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer

Originally Posted by Byrdman
13800...and no....to many issues besides weight....like wind and side sway.....but if you listen in the trailer section....you can tow anything......how light could it be????
It all depends on how far you are towing.
Ask Billy Lane to show Ratman how to drive it. He's got a few good tips.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
how did your handling improve? less sway? thx
yessir
Old 09-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
yessir
did you have sway bars and air bags on the swb truck?
Old 09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

4- wheels across the back make towing a breeze, short or long bed.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rat,
Stripped csabin 38 scarab, about 9000 lbs, add almost 2000 for trailer and gear. A dually makes a world of difference with that much tongue weight. Without the dually, you will have cramps in your hands and sweat a lot every time you go down a long hill. Been there, done that.
Gary
Old 09-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ratman-

That boat may be very light- I asked Larry Smith about mine and he indicated 8000 or so fully rigged- it is kevlar/epoxy and a light layup. Is your boat Kevlar??? Kevlar is Yellow/Gold.

My trailer is an all steel Target triple axle with drive guard- abour 45 ft long and 4500 lbs. My guess is you are only hauling about 10-12K.

Bulldog aka Ronnie
Old 09-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Registered

a dually would be to much of a pain to deal with driving on a regular basis in costa rica, a lot of the lil country bridges are not wide enough for a dually to cross!!! the trailer has three axle surge disc brakes and i will install an electric over hydrualic controller to replace the surge brakes as soon as i get it home, so i have gain adjustment. i was thinking a 4x4 crew cab diesel short bed with rear sway bars air bags and a sway away set up. i dont thiik a dually weighs much more, and the sway bar and air bags should make a difference. how well do those away away deals work? i wont be towing over 55mph in C.R. but would like to tow around 65-70 mph when on us roads til i head south. i really appreciate your input. thx, rm
Old 09-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bulldog
Ratman-

That boat may be very light- I asked Larry Smith about mine and he indicated 8000 or so fully rigged- it is kevlar/epoxy and a light layup. Is your boat Kevlar??? Kevlar is Yellow/Gold.

My trailer is an all steel Target triple axle with drive guard- abour 45 ft long and 4500 lbs. My guess is you are only hauling about 10-12K.

Bulldog aka Ronnie
mine is a kevlar no cabin race boat on an alum trailer.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Registered

which boat is yours bulldog, what year? was it an old school racer with a history in offshore? any pics? thx, rm

Quick Reply: care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.