Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140084-care-guess-what-michelob-light-boat-weighs-fully-rigged-alum-trailer.html)

Audiofn 09-10-2006 11:53 PM

Re: care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer

Why don't you tow it to a weigh station?

Jon

ratman 09-11-2006 12:10 AM

Re: care to guess what the michelob light boat weighs fully rigged on alum trailer

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Why don't you tow it to a weigh station?

Jon

boat wont be here til later in the week and wont have engines when it arrives either. i plan on buying another truck in the next week or so. then towing the boat to my engine guys shop to install the new mills and water test it before i bring it home to complete the interior and paint it back to the original paint scheme. im wondering what it will weigh and wether or not i'll be able to tow it with a crew cab 4x4 short bed srw diesel truck!

Audiofn 09-11-2006 12:14 AM

Ok plan 2: Have them stop at a weigh station on the way home, the weight of the engine you can figure easy.......

OR just GO BIG :drink: :drink:

Is this going to be a daily driver or just for towing? If just for towing then get the dually.

Oh ya I was talking to a Vintage racer about you running the Mic. logo on the boat. They said that there was some rule that allowed you to do it. They run the logo's on their cars....

Jon

cig1988 09-11-2006 04:10 AM

If this will help this help here's what I have:
31 Bullet with 1/2 tanks
Alum tri axle trl
'99 Chevy (gas) crew cab dually
Total; 18,780 lbs combined. Would definetly go with long bed.

ratman 09-11-2006 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Ok plan 2: Have them stop at a weigh station on the way home, the weight of the engine you can figure easy.......

OR just GO BIG :drink: :drink:

Is this going to be a daily driver or just for towing? If just for towing then get the dually.

Oh ya I was talking to a Vintage racer about you running the Mic. logo on the boat. They said that there was some rule that allowed you to do it. They run the logo's on their cars....

Jon

jon i will be relocating to costa rica and the raods are smaller and a dually is pretty much out of the question. you have to pay 100% of acv as a tax/duty for cars you import, so im only gonna have one vehicle. thx, rm

X-Rated30 09-11-2006 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ratman
was it an old school racer with a history in offshore?

You could say that. :cool:

ratman 09-11-2006 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
You could say that. :cool:

well spill the beans you tease

Stormrider 09-11-2006 09:46 AM

bulldog = BK's KAAMA

ratman 09-11-2006 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
bulldog = BK's KAAMA

way cool dude...now post some pics stat

jhiguy377 09-11-2006 05:25 PM

8100 boat
1800 trailer
1400 fuel
________