Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Opinions / Suggestions??.......Please (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14018-opinions-suggestions-please.html)

MissAmy 01-22-2002 12:08 PM

Opinions / Suggestions??.......Please

Okay all you powerboaters out there; I know this may be hard for some of you to do, but put your minds into cruiser mode for just a minute.

LutzParty and I have successfully de-named our boat (a 330 SeaRay EC) and now we are trying to decide on a new name. Here are a few of the ideas we have come up along with a brief explanation. I was just wondering if some of you could give me your opinions on what you like, as well as any suggestions for any new names.

Just a little about us for some other ideas...Kevin is a sales rep. for plumbing supplies and also co-owner of a plumbing service company. I am a pre-school teacher on hiatus for a year. We have two kids.

Okay, here goes...

~~"LutzParty"~~....Get it, like "let's party, It's our last name. Thought we could make the "y" into a martini glass.

~~"The Last Resort"~~....Was a resort Kevin stayed at in Key West years ago. Just thought it was kind of a cool name and when we stay on our boat, it is like our little resort. I have a thing for Palm trees and thought i could make the "t" in resort look like one and the "o" in resort look like the sun.

~~"Take The Plunge" or "Took the Plunge"~~....in reference to the plumbing thing, and finally breaking down to buy it.

~~"MyAmy Vice"~~....a clever play on words by Kevin, I thought. But perhaps better suited for a performance type boat?

~~"Tight Squeeze"~~....Kevin's reasoning behind this is that it is a tight squeeze to put our boat with 11'6" beam into a 12' well. Also, it was tight financially; we could make the "s" a dollar sign to reflect that. And squishing the letters in squeeze together to reflect the squeezing. I say no way to this one, but I told him i'd suggest it anyway.

this one i had to include because our 8 year old daughter thought of it, and i think it's cute....~~"Milky Wave"~~.....her explanation is because our boat is white, like milk and it rides on the waves, and she likes the milky way candy bar.

I'd appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, and ideas. Thanks!

And TRAVISS.......no references to leather, OKAY!!? LOL!!

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: MissAmy ]

formula31 01-22-2002 12:14 PM

I like the myamy vice, but then again my cruiser is named dseaving

Shorty 01-22-2002 12:16 PM

I vote for Lutzparty or MyAmy Vice. Personalized is always more creative in my book.

MnFastBoat 01-22-2002 12:20 PM

How about "The Lutz Resort"
or LutzParty Resort

:)

flylevel 01-22-2002 12:21 PM

Got to go with ~~"LutzParty"~~.... :D :D

Hot Duck 01-22-2002 12:21 PM

MyAmy Vice!!!

MnFastBoat 01-22-2002 12:21 PM

How about "The Lutz Resort"
or LutzParty Resort

:)

Boat Girl 01-22-2002 12:22 PM

I like Lutz Resort and MyAmy Vice

Risk Taker 01-22-2002 12:23 PM

Narrowed it down to "Lutzparty" (without the martini glass), and "MyAmy Vice." Some good choices there.... :cool: :cool:

IDRPSTF 01-22-2002 12:23 PM

My Amy Vice Thats just too good. You have to do that for all of us still stuck in the 80's. After all, that is what got us all ito this mess.