Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Saber Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140236-saber-powerboats.html)

Chris Sunkin 09-12-2006 03:02 PM

Re: Saber Powerboats

Nothing against Saber but they don't do much of a job at getting their name out there or promoting their products.

Having never tried before I Googled them and found their website. It told me virtually nothing about them or the boats they build. Certainly not enough to pursue them building a quarter-million dollar boat if I were shopping.

woogie 09-12-2006 03:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Think the Sabers really opened up some eyes during the SOTW run this year. Plus the display they had on Friday before the run was cool. A woman I worked with in the late 80's said to me one day that her cousin was starting a boat company. Never gave it much though till we dropped by one day back when they were in Comstock Pk, Mi. ... I thought she said sailboats! Haven't been to the Coopersville shop since they were building the WW boat so if there is an open house in the future count me in. 20yr aniv. this year?

Pics from the Smoke land show, and NK sure got some looks few weeks ago in Saug. Cove. Beautiful Boat.

Stormrider 09-12-2006 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Thanks Comanche 36
I am working on this but I want some advertising, a new updated web site setup and most importantly new products to discuss before I get this done. I am sure Steve will not have a problem with this since Saber has made more boats than Cheif, Platinum and Dragon combined. Maybe no one knows this but Saber has produced almost 50 boats and plenty more are coming soon.
We will have a bunch of announcements before the Ft Lauderdale boat show and I anticipate a lot to talk about very soon. In the mean time lets fly. :drink:
Thanks NK

Chris... this post explains it.
The Geelheods(sp?) were not into marketing. Now the business begins.
BTW, you would never check out their website.
You'd either know of Saber from this site or from someone who has one. They are virtually unknown, especially outside their home turf. Hopefully not for long.

woogie 09-12-2006 03:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
land show...

woogie 09-12-2006 03:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
last ones

LEOPAJM 09-12-2006 03:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More ...

Pantera1 09-12-2006 03:35 PM

Why would you want the company to grow .. We all know what happens when boat companies get too big for there briches .. Small custom builders put out a better product period.

rockstrmkr 09-12-2006 03:39 PM

I'm not that bright, but reading between the lines, it sounds like Parnell is now involved and will take the company to the next level.
The boats all look fantastic!
I can't wait to see the 47'....
and, um, would be happy to "crew" anytime :D

Best of luck to all involved !

Hans

Stormrider 09-12-2006 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Why would you want the company to grow .. We all know what happens when boat companies get too big for there briches .. Small custom builders put out a better product period.

Agreed, but to a point.
They are not looking to be a mass manufacturer.
6 28s
2 34s
3 41s
1 47

That would be a great year for Saber.
And would still be a small custom builder.
How many OLs are built a year? How many MTIs?
I think in the past Saber rarely put out more than 1 boat a year.

Anyone know when the last 28 was built?

TeamSaris 09-12-2006 04:30 PM

I asked this a while ago and got nothing done. Maybe this time!