Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cleveland boating and stuff (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140254-cleveland-boating-stuff.html)

glassdave 09-14-2006 12:43 AM

Re: cleveland boating and stuff

by the way is the river no wake? or what is?

Full Force 09-14-2006 04:50 AM

river is no wake the whole way.

Chris Sunkin 09-14-2006 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Chris will you be there, what's your boat look like?

My boat looks like a large pile of Apache parts right now!

I may fly up with a buddy on saturday though.

Chris Sunkin 09-14-2006 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer
might stop at kellys on the way to the bay on fri....

dont think docking will be a problem this late in the season

It's supposed to be very nice this weekend so it may be a bit thicker than you'd expect. I doubt you'd get shut out though.

Queenie 09-14-2006 07:33 AM

looks like we will hit the islands this weekend as well, can't decide between overnighting at Kelly's or the Bay, any suggestions..... We have never been to Put In Bay for NewYears eve so we don't know what to expect dockage wise, do you think it will be to hard to get a dock Saturday around 4:00PM? Thanks

We prefer Kelley's over PIB. NYE weekend at PIB will be wild if it's a nice weekend. The only thing with the public docks is they can party out there all night long until the break of dawn.

If that's not a chance you want to take stay at Kelley's.

Chris Sunkin 09-14-2006 07:41 AM

Not that I think anyone on this board would do this.....

The PIB police walk the docks frequently with their dope-sniffing dogs and they do board and search unoccupied boats. Tourism is their biggest (only) revenue generator and the PD is one of their largest. Open containers, peeing on bushes, public intox are all expensive mistakes.

Queenie 09-14-2006 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Open containers, peeing on bushes, public intox are all expensive mistakes.

And you know this why??? :eek: :D :evilb:

Ms PatriYacht 09-14-2006 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by rastinger
We prefer Kelley's over PIB. NYE weekend at PIB will be wild if it's a nice weekend. The only thing with the public docks is they can party out there all night long until the break of dawn.

If that's not a chance you want to take stay at Kelley's.

Have you ever stayed at the state dock on Middle Bass and used the ferry? Ian is leaning toward Kelly's but I did want to
check out PIB but don't want to be rafted way out there, I have a habit of falling off boats :eek: Where is your group going to be this weekend

Queenie 09-14-2006 08:18 AM

Have you ever stayed at the state dock on Middle Bass and used the ferry? Ian is leaning toward Kelly's but I did want to
check out PIB but don't want to be rafted way out there, I have a habit of falling off boats :eek: Where is your group going to be this weekend

No Donna we haven't stayed at the state docks, however we know people who have and like it there. You can always run over to PIB for the afternoon, that's an option. They'll charge you but it's an option. And you're right, they will raft you 4 out.

We haven't decided if we're actually heading to the islands or not this weekend. If we do not sure where we're staying. We have some friends at Marina Del Rey (I think that's what it's called) and we like Portside at Kelley's.

Chris Sunkin 09-14-2006 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by rastinger
And you know this why??? :eek: :D :evilb:

Uhhh....

OK. First-hand experience. Hit the trifecta, as a matter of fact.

Some years back, though. Youthful indiscretion.

It's actually quite amusing to sit out front of the PIB jail on a warm summer evening. Kind of like going to a a lve filming of COPS.