Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Not running........ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140262-not-running.html)

el indio 09-12-2006 09:32 AM

Not running........

who has a boat thats not running and for how long?

Chris Sunkin 09-12-2006 09:47 AM

Re: Not running........

Originally Posted by el indio
who has a boat thats not running and for how long?

I upgraded from 3's to 6's on my Apache- started 16 months ago and still not done. Got busy with work and finding a college for my son. Maybe this winter...

The more I do, the more I find that I can re-do. It's turned into pretty much a re-rig.

Ryan Beckley 09-12-2006 10:17 AM

My 24' Skater has been down since 4th of July with a blown powerhead. The block is getting welded.

BY U BOY 09-12-2006 10:21 AM

I Did A Head And Cam Change At The End Of May Ran The Boat For 20 Mins And Blew It Total Rebuild And Replace 1 Head And 4 Valves. I Need To Put The Fuel Pump And Balancer Back On And Should Drop It Back In The Boat This Weekend.

Thanks For Reminding Me 3.5 Months :(

Jupiter Sunsation 09-12-2006 10:22 AM

Restored an Alfa Romeo once. 2 year project, drove it finished for less than 1,000 miles and sold it a year later for 1/2 of what I had into it.

Then a friend tells me: Don't ever start a restoration unless you have all the parts available, the time blocked off in your schedule and the money you will need to finish it.

That sealed the deal for me, now I just pay to get it done so I can spend my free time using the toy rather than restoring/fixing it. If I have something broken and it is in the shop ASAP to get it fixed. When I was reading about Gino's bad luck (Lube Jobs) I actually laughed because he is like me, the day he got back he is getting stuff fixed rather than being upset about it.

txriverrat2001 09-12-2006 10:27 AM

2+ yrs - Got a diesel that overheated - Had it completely gone through - now won't turn up the rr's no matter what.

5 head Volvo techs later - and all I hear is - "It should run!"

no chit ................

Tom A. 09-12-2006 10:29 AM

Hurt my motor in 1000 islands. Motor is out of boat and I am waiting for diagnosis. I am trying to sell the boat so right now the plan is to rebuild the motor and sell it w/ or without the boat. If the boat doesn't sell then I will just have to sell the motor and go bigger HP :D

resurrected 09-12-2006 10:36 AM

Missed 2 summers, so far..... full restoration/custom, all that I am re-using is the hull and deck.

rws 09-12-2006 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got My Python running after like five years!! It was a project from Hell.Two years at one shop and then eight months at another and then two months at the upholstery shop.I rerigged the entire boat , built a new dash and windscreen.

delsol 09-12-2006 10:57 AM

just thinking about this is like salt in multiple wounds :rolleyes: :(