Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   anybody boating on michigan this weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140398-anybody-boating-michigan-weekend.html)

baronmarine 09-16-2006 06:22 AM

Re: anybody boating on michigan this weekend

looks like we will be out sunday. the water temp is up to 65 ish. going to run from grand haven down to saugatuck. we'll be watching for carbiz,zanie,crazydave and tambrello. last run of the year for us. time to get some things done around the house after that. can't wait for that fall cleanup crap.
kamma mark you should come to the north on sunday.
todd

Nauti Kitty 09-16-2006 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
2-4 today growing to 3-6 tommorrow. Ancestral Spirit will be looking for running mates. :drink: NK

baronmarine 09-16-2006 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
2-4 today growing to 3-6 tommorrow. Ancestral Spirit will be looking for running mates. :drink: NK

parn
we well be out around noon. if it's 2-4 we will run down to the pub. if its 3-6 we will run down to the pub with you. i hope you have room for four. i'm buying.
todd

KAAMA 09-16-2006 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by baronmarine
looks like we will be out sunday. going to run from grand haven down to saugatuck. we'll be watching for carbiz, zanie, crazydave and tambrello. kamma mark you should come to the north on sunday. todd

Just got in from a day of boating. It was an excellent day for boating. Launched out of St.Joe and ran north along side a friend's 32' A/T up to South Haven. Saw several people with their boats up there including... Crazyhorse, Severe Turbulance, Blue Moon, Mr. Gadgets, War Hawk and a few others so we hung out there a bit. Todd, who knows....you JUST MIGHT see me in Saugatuck if the weather is decent.

baronmarine 09-17-2006 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Just got in from a day of boating. It was an excellent day for boating. Launched out of St.Joe and ran north along side a friend's 32' A/T up to South Haven. Saw several people with their boats up there including... Crazyhorse, Severe Turbulance, Blue Moon, Mr. Gadgets, War Hawk and a few others so we hung out there a bit. Todd, who knows....you JUST MIGHT see me in Saugatuck if the weather is decent.

hi mark
i sure wish i went yesterday. 3-6's today (sunday) i don't know if i'm up the that. i know sheri isn't. good to hear you had a good time. this weekend is it for me if i don't get out it will be next year.
todd

Nykamp 09-17-2006 10:08 AM

KAAMA it was fun running with ya yesterday, what was in the other 32 AT that ran with us yesterday? WARHAWK was flying yesterday, thanks Carl.

KAAMA 09-17-2006 01:25 PM

Nykamp/Steve....were you on War Hawk yesterday??? I knew Carl wasn't driving (I think he was on the throttles), but I didn't recognize anyone else that was on his boat. Thought it was a kodac moment with Carl when he stopped for a potty break out there.

That was Ken in the other 32' Active Thunder has a pair of 556cid supercharged engines in his boat...mine are naturally aspirated 565's, but he and I run about neck & neck. When we saw War Hawk idling out through the pier/jetty yesterday, Ken started to turn around and follow you out and Ken kept pointing at me like I was suppose to be the one to go to guns with you guys which I didn't mind so I turned around to follow you guys out too but, Ken was first in line so I told him to get his butt out there as well.....so yeah, I quickly found out yesterday that Carl's ol' War Hawk is a runner! :o We've been going at since the mid 1980's....so heck, I guess I don't mind gettin' spanked by him too much---he's my old rival homie! :drink:

KAAMA 09-17-2006 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by baronmarine
hi mark
i sure wish i went yesterday. 3-6's today (sunday) i don't know if i'm up the that. i know sheri isn't. good to hear you had a good time. this weekend is it for me if i don't get out it will be next year.
todd

Todd, Can't really say I blame you....I didn't go out today and got a call from Crazyhorse----he said he wasn't going either because of the high winds. Too heavy of sea conditions...for me anyway, but I might be out there once or twice more yet before the season is out.

Nykamp 09-17-2006 02:33 PM

Mark I was driving yesterday, you guys looked good out there, and yes WARHAWK is a real runner. Steve

nocigarette 09-17-2006 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i pulled the motor out of mine today does that count...............