Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fastest NON STEP V Bottom Boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140410-fastest-non-step-v-bottom-boats.html)

Ryan Beckley 09-14-2006 10:43 AM

Re: Fastest NON STEP V Bottom Boats?

What about the 30' Scarab, " Ben Perfected" that did 107 in the Savannah Kilos, that was cool. Also the old D-911 34 Phantom of Bill Hills was a straight bottom I think and ran 116+ in the kilo.

hpoffshore 09-14-2006 10:46 AM

Spider-boat,'93 38TG Stagger....117
Cobra 1150's
#6 dry-sumps

hammer01 09-14-2006 10:54 AM

A Little Humor, But You Can Make Anything Go Fast If You Put A Big Enough Wheel Behind It Because A 24 Foot Baja (h2x I Believe It Is Called) Ran 109 In The 2005 Loto Shootout With A 1050 Quadrotor Motor.

tblrklakemo 09-14-2006 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by hammer01
A Little Humor, But You Can Make Anything Go Fast If You Put A Big Enough Wheel Behind It Because A 24 Foot Baja (h2x I Believe It Is Called) Ran 109 In The 2005 Loto Shootout With A 1050 Quadrotor Motor.

scary...they get light feeling at 65. Cant imagine near double that, but should be fun.

Tow-N-One 09-14-2006 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by 1000islandsdonzi
ARRRRGHHh!!!
Why can I not upload photos or videos for this site. Every time I try it says files are too large, how do I downsize them.
As for videos this is the same result. People please help, you would like this footage, short but very cool!

See resizing thread in MCPA's forum. I had the same problem.
The link is there for a free resizing program. It works great!

benjen 09-14-2006 11:28 AM

Very interesting stuff, what do you think these hulls can handle speed wise, I mean stuff enuf power in there an they will certainly fly, but where is the max in comparison to lets say cat killer?

I know technology with the steps has come a long way from the conventional non step V, but I guess the question is how much slower are they???

As you can tell I am a guy that has always been in a non stepped V, trust them in big water, and want to go fast and get some ideas of the speeds some of these non stepped v's have gone or are going with in control and not on the verge of walking like crazy!!!!!

Zudnic 09-14-2006 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1000islandsdonzi
I belong to Donzi.net and a gentleman on that site recently sold his 1975 X-18 which was clocked at or near 124 MPH !

Have to check that sites classified's more often. The X-18 for looks is one of my favorite boats......

The 120+mph X-18 can be seen here: http://www.arneson-industries.com/18'_donzi.htm

Nauti Kitty 09-14-2006 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by benjen
As you can tell I am a guy that has always been in a non stepped V, trust them in big water, and want to go fast and get some ideas of the speeds some of these non stepped v's have gone or are going with in control and not on the verge of walking like crazy!!!!!

The big question you should ask yourself is how fast in what kinda water. These big speeds mean nothing when it's rough. Danny Vining, in his 24 Baja going a 109 would have died an ugly death if he would have hit a waterbug at 109. Ask him. He was scared chitless. Rightly so. So many thoughts to ponder. NK

Magic Medicine 09-14-2006 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by hammer01

When that boat made that pass it had between 1100-1200 hp. Now is has a touch over 1400hp. Now that is scary fast :eek:

Craney 09-14-2006 04:51 PM

Do Activators have steps?