Notices

Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Old 12-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

And the plot thickens. www.dailyhome.com We always knew who the enemy was,now it is on record
Old 12-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

I am sure all those who buy power from Alabama power would be interested to know the amount of money they spent on this. Does anyone know how much Alabama Power will get for the sale of the land ? After thinking about it, $800,000 may be nothing relative to the money they will make on the sale of the land.

What a surreal situation. I see this happen in China on a fairly frequent basis. It is just part of doing business based on thier form of govenment. It saddens me to see this happening here. Just like the property rights case the Supreme Court decided.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

and we live in a free society??????
Old 12-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Registered

This may be pretty far out there but it worked with the spotted owl and logging.

What about getting a suit going against any development on the land owned by Alabama power company because of damage to the enviorment or maybe some obscure species that may be endangered?

Hell maybe you could get some enviormental group to fund it.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I am going to bring this back up one more time. We met with our attorney today to discuss the implications of the Power Company intervening. Basically it is going to greatly increase our attorney fees as APCO will spend whatever it takes to break us. The 6 of us have agreed that after going this far,we are not going to stop now. We have personally guaranteed to make up the shortfall from donations from our own pockects. But we need help,guys. I really hate to ask for money but this is really important . If we don't stop them now,they will move to the other Alabama lakes,and their success will set a precedent for similar laws in other states. One of our owner/plantiffs ( he has a 36' Skater that would be banned)had a suggestion. Can a concerned boat owner donate the cost of one (or maybe 2) tanks of gas for the cause? Not much,but it could make a difference. We are moving forward regardless, but a little help would be appreciated. APCO thinks they are God,help us show them they are not. Robert

Last edited by Magicfloat; 01-04-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little recommendation:

I, as well as many others would be more than happy to contribute to this cause. However, I feel that most of us are too lazy to take the time to fill out a check, stuff it into an envelope, fill out the envelope, find a stamp and then take the time to drive to a mailbox. Sad, but I know I`m right about this....

Why not set up a Paypal account ? It`s free to set up and very easy to set up and use. Paypal will get a small % , but I really, really think you`ll get a LOT more donations this way.

Does anyone else agree ?

KEEP UP THE FIGHT ROBERT !!!! This effects us ALL, whether we want to believe it or not....
Old 01-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

I agree Donman if Robert will set up a paypal acct I will doante easy to do. If not I will still donate but Like alot of others I think I wrote 18 personal checks all of last year everyting else done electronically.

Last edited by Tax_man; 01-05-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Well,stupid me,I asked Karen how to set up a Paypal account and it seems we already have one.It's [email protected] Is that all I need to post? BTW,the link to the last article no longer works. Maybe someone smarter than me can post it. You can do a yahoo search for Alabama power company boat ban . It is the 12-30-06 article in the Daily Home. Thanks for the support,if APCO wins this one the floodgates open.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 01-05-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered

Good luck Robert, just sent a donation via Paypal
Old 01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just sent $20 via Paypal.

Everyone pitch in to help protect our boating rights !

Quick Reply: Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.