Notices

Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Old 01-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Boat US and NMMA have been contacted,don't know what they will do,but we are in contact.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
If we have to fight $20 at a time we will keep going.

$20 is all I could honestly afford at this time. I`ll send in more as I can afford to.
I challenge everyone to just chip in whatever they can comfortably donate.
You may not think so, but this really, truthfully effects ALL OF US !
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered

The public lake I live on have a decent set of rules. April 15 to Sept 15 there is a 30 mph speed limit on weekend, 10 mph at night. There are also a few large coves that are no wake during the weekends for people to have a place to hang out. Wonder why they didn't consider limiting activities rather then being prejudicious about it.

Check your paypal.

And about the raffle/sale. I don't really mean a 200,000 dollar boat, but possibly donations of an old boat they have been thinking about restoring/using for 5 years and it just sits there. Then just sell it from its current location, it will get the rotting property off of peoples properties and will net small amounts of money towards a worthy cause. Just trying to help, no need to bash me if you think its a terrible idea.

One other thing, I find it hard to believe that the higher ups of the power company, none of which own a nice 300 series Sea-Ray or anything like that. Try using that against them, would they like their privileges stripped as well? What do I know, I'm only 25. Best of luck. George
Old 01-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Registered

Using my idea above, when I sell my Stinger, I will offer 10% of what it sells for to this case. Just trying to help. It should be ready for sale in a few weeks. George
Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Re: Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Originally Posted by prostock85
The public lake I live on have a decent set of rules. April 15 to Sept 15 there is a 30 mph speed limit on weekend, 10 mph at night. George
\

Hate to say it but.... The public lake I live close to started enforcing a 35 mph limit a few years back. Because of this, I stopped going altogether.

Although my boat isn't that fast, 35 is pretty hard to abide by.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rickdarling
\

Hate to say it but.... The public lake I live close to started enforcing a 35 mph limit a few years back. Because of this, I stopped going altogether.

I will agree, it is rather annoying, but for the better. The lake is WAY overcrowded on the weekends. It does suck though. I like controlling my speed, but what can I do.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickdarling
My boat falls off plane at 28 mph........
Old 01-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Registered

"FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE" Isn't that what it says?
When did the wall go back up! I for one am tired of it, since when is it alright for people to tell us how they want us to live our lives. What is this country comming to?
Old 01-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

The plot thickens again. The Bham News reported this morning that Alabama attorney general Troy King accepted 14 tickets to an Atlanta Braves game from Alabama Power Company,($630)use of the APCO skybox($2000 value) and $1262 worth of food and drinksThis is against the state ethics law. Troy King is in charge of defending the Dept of Conservation against our lawsuit,and APCO wants to join with them and use their own law firm. The deeper I get into this mess the sleazier it gets. I'm so mad now that I'm ready to spend every dollar I have to fight these arrogant folks. I've worked for 41 years to build this business and I will not stand by while they try to tell me what kind of boats I can sell.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Unless I read it wrong, doesn't this fall under "conflict of interest" and force it into another court?

Quick Reply: Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.