Need Your Opinion - Marine Engines Inc - 1800runsnew >

Need Your Opinion - Marine Engines Inc - 1800runsnew

Notices

Need Your Opinion - Marine Engines Inc - 1800runsnew

Old 09-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Your Opinion - Marine Engines Inc - 1800runsnew

Dang, good I read this post. I was just about to buy 2 performance bbcs from this outfit. Thanks for the info, hopefully they will see things your way. I'll be watching the progress and hoping for the best. I have heard they produce a good product but now I am on the fence.

BT
Old 09-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I purchased a bbc from this company and I have about 160 hours on it. I believe he sells quite a few engines, they are bound to have some bad units. Trust me I would be pissed if this happened to me. I hope everything works out.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Registered

I remember reading your posts about profile boats a few months back before my old account expired. This sounds a lot like same song different tune. My advice would be to try to work it out with 800 runs new because at the rate you're going there's probably not going to be a lot of companies left in the industry who are going to want to risk having you as a customer.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here we go again, 8 posts and already knows it all.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Registered

I'll shut up until I reach 256. Then I'll be an expert on everything - just like you. Re-read my post again smart ass.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Registered

Sounds like you tried to do everything right, sorry about your bad luck, I hope you can get them to do the right thing!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
Jayhawk is right, you have had a lot of bad luck.
I think it looks like a lot worse bad luck than it has been, while this is a raw deal it is only the second time I have goten one in YEARS, but it has been developing for over a month, so it has been like the sublime story in a b rated movie that all of a sudden reaches conclusion....

While this is bad enough, I am only going to be out about $3500 after all it said and done, and while that is some money money, it is not enough to change my life or something...

After this is all said, I have gained a lot of friends who are very high end engine builders, machinist, failure analysis, and just general boaters who have really helped a lot, and taught me a lot.

so yes, it is a very bad run of luck, but I think the guys who helped out would be quick to say I was VERY careful with the analysis and failure determination, and even ask their advice before posting this. This is not a customer who is a screaming, raving maniac, it is a guy who get screwed and is bringing it to everyone else's attention, just like I hope you would....

when it was profile, I was a screaming, raving maniac....
Old 09-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

any good engine guy can have an issue with one of the motors he builds...its what he does when a problem comes up as it did here. his reply was fuk you pal, sue me and i'll make it as expensive as possible. i would pay someone the bust this asswipe up. i'd get with your credit card co asap have them reverse the charges and tell him to get on his horse and pick his other engine up!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 502 from them with several hundred hours on it and never a problem. I haven't even changed the oil on it in 2 years and about 150 hrs and still runs great. I have tried to break it by not maintaining it and still no problem.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

Sorry about the use of the word luck,sounds like the engin was doomed when the builder put the last bolt in.

Quick Reply: Need Your Opinion - Marine Engines Inc - 1800runsnew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.