Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Destin or Key West ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140659-destin-key-west.html)

Pete B 11-06-2006 09:59 PM

Re: Destin or Key West ?

Originally Posted by Nordic Gary
Looks like Key West is a clear winner in the weather department.

A vacation in KW can be done anytime, racing for a world title only happens once a year. Competition the clear winner is Destin, race enthusists are here for the competition, they will be treated to some spectacular racing. Poker runners KW wins hands down! there isnt a poker run here, JUST RACING, and PARTYING.

chuckbeecher 11-07-2006 05:58 AM

And the warmer weather in Key West the whole week and weekend.
Better viewing, things to do, eating/drinking places and it is KEY WEST!!! :D :drink:

Pete B 11-07-2006 07:33 AM

Better viewing, things to do, eating/drinking places and it is KEY WEST!!!

viewing of what??? things to do??? eating and drinking places???

there are a ton of resturants here, including ruth chris steakhouse, there is a hogs breath saloon here which will be showing the race live as well as the one in KW. the local hooter's has a bevy of hottie's which will be hanging around the hooter's camp all week. Testing starts today and thier will be pics posted !!

BRUCE SEROFF 11-07-2006 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
And the warmer weather in Key West the whole week and weekend.
Better viewing, things to do, eating/drinking places and it is KEY WEST!!! :D :drink:

Better Viewing of what?....lets see

beautiful sunsets, woman, 150 plus poker run boats doin fly byes.

hmmm thats all I can think of.

Key west is key west. There is no other. It all depends on what you are there for.

chuckbeecher 11-07-2006 11:27 PM

Viewing the race..Mallory square..the Mole..Pier House..Fort Zach Park..better than a condo balcony..that's what I meant by better viewing.
And WARMER AND DUVAL..beats Miracle Strip Parkway..but I admit that Howl at the Moon and A.J.'s always does it's share to provide good entertainment.
Everyone enjoy the races and have loads of fun where :drink: ever you are.

Pete B 11-12-2006 04:46 PM

from the condo we watched , live , jumbotron and t v, when on the far end of the course.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Jumbotron.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/pete454/TV.jpg

Racegirl3 11-14-2006 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
Viewing the race..Mallory square..the Mole..Pier House..Fort Zach Park..better than a condo balcony..that's what I meant by better viewing.
And WARMER AND DUVAL..beats Miracle Strip Parkway..but I admit that Howl at the Moon and A.J.'s always does it's share to provide good entertainment.
Everyone enjoy the races and have loads of fun where :drink: ever you are.

I couldnt argue the better viewing before I was at Destin but now that Ive been to both places, I can. Having been in KW and watching from 2 different locals, there was no better place to view then on the beach or tons of condos along the beach in Destin .... Chuck, were you at the race in Destin? If not, you really cant say KW has better viewing ... well you can ... but its just a guess tho if you havent been to both :D

Pete B 11-14-2006 06:26 PM

Mark,
I know you hate that OSS , OPA, and POPRA had a successful worlds, and the fact that a select few have the money and desire to make the sport move forward really burns your A$$. The offshore fans that came to Destin came to see racing, and they did.

As for the Axe to grind if i recall He ran with that group last year.

And the one guy who uses his own money??? he uses the racers money,
and reggies money, and banks on the poker runners showing up in kw to spend mad cash which they do. KW only wants rooms full, and the poker runners did that.

If it werent for reggie there wouldnt have been a show!

Maybe you and Frank GOO- hand can make a strong showing next year.

BRUCE SEROFF 11-14-2006 09:08 PM

AHH HAH!!!!! BUSTED ....NOW WE KNOW as I suspected

Mark Mathews is Round Shady. I understand the Round and the Shady :mad:

You slipped up Buddy boy......

Round Shady has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Destin or Key West ? - in the General Boating Discussion forum of Offshoreonly.com.

This thread is located at:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...9&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Dude lay off the Crack Pipe. I dont hate OSS. I just have a strong dislike for you and a few others.

Come to think of it, didn't you miss 2004KW? If so, that's why your recent memory is scewed.

It certainly doesn't burn my azz to watch a few spend their money. I like it. Although 3+ years later, I'm pretty certain that the guys who started OSS never thought they'd have to shell out this much money, especially to attract another 50% of the Destin fleet with the lure of prize money. Don't get me wrong, great idea. Seemed to work. And as I said earlier, Destin was the show this year, no question. Congrats!

What burns my azz is the split up of the boats and talk of unification doesn't even occur anymore. What a joke.

For once Pete, take a step back and look at the big picture, not just your little world.

PS - Where are the Hooter Hooties pix you promised.

Ryan Beckley 11-14-2006 09:14 PM

I thought having 2 screen names was a no no around here?