Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Destin or Key West ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140659-destin-key-west.html)

CAP071 09-18-2006 08:25 PM

Re: Destin or Key West ?

Who cares about the racers :rolleyes: I'm goin on vacation. Last year sucked because of the Hurricane. I have been to both places if you are going to have fun and do things KW will be awesome. Destin will have more race boats though ( if the hurricanes don't come again)
We had a big group go diving in KW 2 years ago it was awesome. I had more fun with the poker run boats pullin in hangin out with them, drinkin and checkin the boats out. The races are just an added feature. :drink:

Thats why they make different flavors of ice cream and beak boats. Go where ever you want to go, I'm sure both places will have fun :D

louietherigger 09-18-2006 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
SORRY BUT WHEN YOU FLOAT A BOAT OVER THE STARTING LINE AND THEN CALL YOUR SELF WORLD CHAMPIONS IN USV OR WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT, I lost all respect for that group and the OL is stuck on the trailer,can't race. and yes I raced before and got f xck out of my 3rd place trophy :mad: and you guys give him a w.c. so yeah if you want to see the best go to DESTIN and I hope I can make it :D

Here we go again, I was at Key West the year your talking about, and we didnt have enough races in to qualify either. Sounds kinda foolish to me, If I ran a race event I would try and get as many participants as possible. as far as the OL B.S. all there interested in is ambushing Fountain to steal his thunder. Media Master (OL) ran P-1&won, I didnt hear anyone complain, I race with the OPA we have every knida boat under the sun racing,no OL's though unless you have one you would like to enter? Maybe someday there will be a world series of sorts were all the orginizations race at one final event for the year but it doesnt seem likely. Good luck to all my friends and fellow races and pokerun people no matter where you decide to go, be safe.

MarkMathews 09-18-2006 09:39 PM

Brucie,

Some things never change. Get over yourself already and focus on getting that tub fast enough to be respectful in SVL. For once in your life, stop putting the ASS in Class.

organizedchaos 09-18-2006 10:30 PM

Key West!!!!

No Duval Street in Destin....

BRUCE SEROFF 09-18-2006 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by MarkMathews
Brucie,

Some things never change. Get over yourself already and focus on getting that tub fast enough to be respectful in SVL. For once in your life, stop putting the ASS in Class.

hey Mark...nice to see you participating again.

we're Workin on getting more speed. its all about testing and setup. We dont get alot of time to do either.

thanks for your input...your right, some things never change

berns29scarab 09-19-2006 12:30 AM

if ya really want to get to the grass roots of it, there was one individual that caused all the caios and seperation. unfotunately the bottom line is it is what it is and everyone has to make the best of it. best of luck and i wish safe boating to all involved in both places. if anyone's looking for me i will be at the better venue. im going to THE RACES for my vacation

its my DESTINy

F1-00 Racing 09-19-2006 01:40 AM

Bruce,

Play nice! At least when mark ran your boat with another guy it didnt get all hot and steamy in there :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: Just playin bud but I had to do it lol

Those of us going to Key West wish the best and of course safety to those chosing to race in Destin. I personally wish there wasnt a choice and we raced at one location, but until associations quit making demands from the sanctioning body and making ultimatums we will always have to make these decisions on where to race. What a shame. I grew up watching Mr Copeland and Mr Ware running the Popeyes boat from the age of 8 and now that I do this as my hobby, I always look forward to shaking Mr Ware's hand and thanking him for inspiring me and giving me a dream to work for in my life as I grew older. I was able to thank Mr Copeland in NO(2002)

But to sound like Mr Scott last year, due to my sponsor obligations and with them demanding TV, I will be racing in Key West.

Best to all

CigDaze 09-19-2006 06:47 AM

Race organizations aside, boat counts aside, affiliations aside - Key West is where the Worlds are and ought to be. It would be great to have everyone there, in one place at one time.

For those saying the real races are here or the true worlds are there, it's great that you have such devotion to your respective organization, but to belittle the other is not necessary.

Now, when's BS going to race Miklos, mano-e-mano?? :D

:)

strick 09-19-2006 07:22 AM

Love Muscle Racing SV#50 will be in Destin this year. Good luck to everyone where ever you race and be safe.

ViciousOne 09-19-2006 07:27 AM

CRIME PAY'S P3-28 will be in Destin !!!
PROUD TO BE OPA!!!!