Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Destin or Key West ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140659-destin-key-west.html)

Racegirl3 09-19-2006 05:47 PM

Re: Destin or Key West ?

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
I like Key West very much. Dont get me wrong. Would I want to race there again ? hell yeah!!!

But Im a racer and a Big fan of racing. So I will be where the real races are.

I have learned this year that the venue doesnt make the good time as much as the people you are there with. I had a great time with everyone at all our venues this year. And to be honest, some of these small town venues had awesome spectators and at least they knew we were comin to town. unlike some of those other venues.

Im sure key west will be rockin too with all the bad ass hardware comin down with the poker run, but if you are a true racing fan, Destin is where the action will be.

No disrespect to the guys racing in KW. your all true competitors in my view. (well most of you anyway) Im sure you all have your reasons for racing there. And its all good.

so....200 boats in KW. AWESOME 20 of them will be race boats.
So... party on

have a great time. key west usually always is.

Hey Poo ... you must read between the lines way better than me cuz this is Bruces first post on this thread ... it says some nice things about KW .. said nice things about the guys racin there ... I dont see anything negative about SBI .... His second post was pretty much the same .... Hmmm ... so .... I dont where you got the negativity .. at least not in this thread. :confused: :bunny:

and by the way ... Nobody hates KW ... everybody loves KW ... be cool as hell if everyone ran together like they did in 2004 .. but again .. dont get mad at us if we arent goin there ... or mad that I posted my observations from last year. I know Im not the only one that was disappointed... and DONT call me a cheerleader ... I dont have that outfit :p :drink:

gdfatha 09-19-2006 07:00 PM

Soooo

Whooz gonna be the first to donate for a cheerleader outfit for RaceGirl???

Racegirl3 09-19-2006 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by gdfatha
Soooo

:drink: :drink: :drink:

bouyhunter 09-19-2006 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Hey Poo ... you must read between the lines way better than me cuz this is Bruces first post on this thread ... it says some nice things about KW .. said nice things about the guys racin there ... I dont see anything negative about SBI .... His second post was pretty much the same .... Hmmm ... so .... I dont where you got the negativity .. at least not in this thread. :confused: :bunny:

and by the way ... Nobody hates KW ... everybody loves KW ... be cool as hell if everyone ran together like they did in 2004 .. but again .. dont get mad at us if we arent goin there ... or mad that I posted my observations from last year. I know Im not the only one that was disappointed... and DONT call me a cheerleader ... I dont have that outfit :p :drink:

2004 is the way it should be. It's the only time I've ever been to KW - and after that, anything less would be a dispointment.
I've been to many races, but after being in KW 2004, I'd rather go to the races in Destin (this year), unless KW will be the same as it was when I was there. Plus I got the chance to meet more people - that I can remember - RG herself, Alan the putz, Thrillseeker, RonP and many others.
I wish they could put it all back together in KW. But, If I'm Going, I'm going for a race - I have friends I want to support (Glassdave, Popeye's (Stan), and all the OPA guy's) and thier teams.
If I can work it out, I'll more than likely opt for Destin this year.

Poo 09-19-2006 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3

Sorry You didnt come to mind as I wrote that post As I dont know you :D . The Cheerleaders in offshore sadly are all male . You'd have to have been reading the milling area for a few years to know which Cheer leaders are hooked up with each club . Or in our case A sanctioning body . LOL :evilb:

gdfatha 09-19-2006 07:54 PM

Hey Pooo

How are you progressing on getting rid of that block of cement ...??????? :eek: :evilb:

BRUCE SEROFF 09-19-2006 07:57 PM

If 2004 sucked, it wasnt the racers fault. We were just happy to all be together.

We did have a great time though.

and for the record, 02 was the last year KW/ APBA had 100 plus boats.
SBI was in New Orleans for the worlds

MarkMathews 09-19-2006 09:45 PM

I think Poo was over generalizing a bit on 04' sucking.

Was it good? Yes. But being in the same town under 3 different banners led to visible seperation. Not saying anyone was right or wrong. Hell, I had the time of my life. The absolute time of my life. But like Poo, I have a vision of how great it would be if eveyone was together. Not just there together.

Destin and KW are both going to be good this year. Sadly, neither will be great.

PS - 03' KW sucked. So did OB despite eveyone's best efforts there. Oh, what could have been..... :(

Strip Poker 388 09-19-2006 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by gdfatha
Soooo

I might beable to come up one for Destin , But its going to be alittle small and in Latex :evilb: :evilb: The girls at Sammys might not like it though

MIAMIBOYZ 09-19-2006 10:20 PM

We the racers need to stop bashing the past and start focusing on the future. The past is the reason why we are always at each others throat. Lets keep this thread positive for the fans and us racers alike, and let the Worlds in KW or Destin take their place in history.

Albert