Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Destin or Key West ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140659-destin-key-west.html)

Racegirl3 09-20-2006 05:22 AM

Re: Destin or Key West ?

Originally Posted by MIAMIBOYS
We the racers need to stop bashing the past and start focusing on the future. The past is the reason why we are always at each others throat. Lets keep this thread positive for the fans and us racers alike, and let the Worlds in KW or Destin take their place in history.

Albert

Amen!

Wardey 09-20-2006 05:56 AM

KW and only KW !!! We look forward to racing there every year. Have fun and be safe in Destin. I wouldn't knock it for the world. We will be in KW racing and having a GREAT time on Duvall Street. This is one race site I look forward to all year. I might add that with the Poker Runners joining us in the pits, it 's definatly going to be a party with lots of eye candy !!!!! Can't wait. Dave

Poo 09-20-2006 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by gdfatha
Hey Pooo

How are you progressing on getting rid of that block of cement ...??????? :eek: :evilb:

LOL :D I'm workin' on it ! I need more power to move it !

I still like the Idea of putting you camera guys right out on it . Those would be great shots .

Have fun whichever you go to . Youre a good guy . :D

gdfatha 09-20-2006 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wardey
I might add that with the Poker Runners joining us in the pits, it 's definatly going to be a party with lots of eye candy !!!!! Can't wait. Dave

Wardey.. Are they planning to have :

1) A Racing/Poker Run street parade??

2) A Racing/Poker Run parade from the dry pits thru the basin and out to the Gulf????

Those would be a fans/photographers orgasmic experience... :eek:

MIAMIBOYZ 09-20-2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by gdfatha
Wardey.. Are they planning to have :

1) A Racing/Poker Run street parade??

2) A Racing/Poker Run parade from the dry pits thru the basin and out to the Gulf????

Those would be a fans/photographers orgasmic experience... :eek:

All of the above, the parade will start earlier with all the boats expected to be in the parade.

Ron P 09-20-2006 04:09 PM

Just a simple question, maybe someone can answer.

If the poker run boats come to key west via a poker run, how will they get in the pits and in the parade? Since thier trailers are in Miami.

And will they race or run behind a pace boat? Again, just wondering. 100 plus boats going around the course would be a blast to watch, and probably a bit dangerous, especially without helmets and the proper life jackets.

The Poker Run boats will certainly add a new twist in Key West and I'm sure the Poker Runners are thrilled to be a part of the event. I'm just wondering how it's all going to come together.

gdfatha 09-20-2006 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this Master Polli polling the fans on where to race?? :eek:

MIAMIBOYZ 09-20-2006 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Just a simple question, maybe someone can answer.

If the poker run boats come to key west via a poker run, how will they get in the pits and in the parade? Since Thur trailers are in Miami.

And will they race or run behind a pace boat? Again, just wondering. 100 plus boats going around the course would be a blast to watch, and probably a bit dangerous, especially without helmets and the proper life jackets.

The Poker Run boats will certainly add a new twist in Key West and I'm sure the Poker Runners are thrilled to be a part of the event. I'm just wondering how it's all going to come together.

Hi Ron, for the poker runners they will have someone bring there trailers to Key West as most of them do anyway, and some will just trailer straight threw. As for the course with the poker runners they will wear proper gear to participate in any course action, parade lap etc. I`m sure the poker runners are excited to wear a helmet and a life jacket in a racing environment, can`t wait to see history take place.

Albert

gdfatha 09-20-2006 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
KW 2004 Poker Run.. Now this was exciting even as they came under the bridge...

lucky strike 09-20-2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MIAMIBOYS
Hi Ron, for the poker runners they will have someone bring there trailers to Key West as most of them do anyway, and some will just trailer straight threw. As for the course with the poker runners they will wear proper gear to participate in any course action, parade lap etc. I`m sure the poker runners are excited to wear a helmet and a life jacket in a racing environment, can`t wait to see history take place.

Albert

Albert

It doesn't sound like you are very happy with this idea ?

Steve