Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Apache Express/Fort Apache Marina???? >

Apache Express/Fort Apache Marina????

Notices

Apache Express/Fort Apache Marina????

Old 09-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Apache Express/Fort Apache Marina????

I just found an old Car & Driver article (February 1992) titled "More Cubic Inches Than a Grave". It's about a 135 MPH 49 foot "cat" with triple 1000 HP I/O's. It was owned by Juan Almeida/Philip Feldman and Fort Apache Marina.

Just curious if this boat is still around? Does Fort Apache Marina still exist? Are Juan Almeida and Philip Feldman still into boats?

Mike
Old 09-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Apache Express/Fort Apache Marina????

Mike: any way you could scan the article, or possibly fax a copy, I would love to read it.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

MIKE FORT APACHE MARINA IS GONE WAS THE OLD THUNDER ALLEY IN MIAMI DONT KNOW ABOUT THE BOAT http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...play.php?f=158
OSO Television
Old 09-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 287 Likes on 106 Posts

this was back in april of 02....just about to come down..
Attached Thumbnails Apache Express/Fort Apache Marina????-apache.jpg  
Old 09-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fort Apache has been gone for a while I hear its condos now. All of thunder boat row is gone. I at least got a chance to see it before it was bull dosed down, about 10 years ago. the history that was lost
Old 09-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was there ever an aronow memorial or "ANYTHING" to represnt the history of what happened on that street
Old 09-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad I got to experiance Thunderboat Row and Ft. Apache. I use to stop by there during my sales/business travels and look around back in '96 till it was torn down. I walked into Ft. Apache office and Bobby S asked if I needed any help...cool! I use to love walking through Bobby Moores across the street. I would spend an hour or so looking at all the boats stored and in for service there. I was walking out one day and this guy was walking out from looking at a boat and asked if anyone has helped me. I told him no but I am a offshore boat fan and have a little 26 Scarab and just enjoy looking at all the exotic hardware. That guy introduced himself as Bobby Moore and he show me around the shop and so forth. They were doing some rigging on the Alcone race boat...cool stuff back then!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh....also another cool place back in the day I use to check out was Everglades Marina in Ft, Lauderdale. I have not been by there in years though. They use to have some awesome boats hanging around. Also on the Everglades Marina canal there was a hi-perf shop that always had some Apaches and Cig's in but I do not remember the name. It was near 15th st Fisheries.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Glad I got to experiance Thunderboat Row and Ft. Apache. I use to stop by there during my sales/business travels and look around back in '96 till it was torn down. I walked into Ft. Apache office and Bobby S asked if I needed any help...cool! I use to love walking through Bobby Moores across the street. I would spend an hour or so looking at all the boats stored and in for service there. I was walking out one day and this guy was walking out from looking at a boat and asked if anyone has helped me. I told him no but I am a offshore boat fan and have a little 26 Scarab and just enjoy looking at all the exotic hardware. That guy introduced himself as Bobby Moore and he show me around the shop and so forth. They were doing some rigging on the Alcone race boat...cool stuff back then!
just about the same thing happened to me. I am so glad I got to see it before it was gone. I looked at a few boats with Bob S. and got some history lessons, It is a shame its all gone. I also would like to know is there, has ever been anything put up there to show what took place there or to mark its history?
Old 09-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
this was back in april of 02....just about to come down..
I would like to have that Apache sign on the building.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 09-17-2006 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Apache Express/Fort Apache Marina????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.