Notices

Dwi

Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dwi

Originally Posted by CAP071
I wonder how many people here can say they don't drink and drive cars and boats 0 beers
Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
using a cell phone and getting in an accident is called distracted driving.
Same as driving and reading or putting on make up or eating or tuning the radio.
These are distractions not RECKLESS ACTIONS.
Not in all states. In MA there is no law against driving with your cell phone on. Any other state that does have the laws such as NY if you have your hands free on then you are fine.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder how many people here can say they don't drink and drive cars and boats 0 beers
How Many over 0 beers do you think that this guy had? How many is acceptable?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting in an accident because you were on a cell phone is not a distraction it is very careless and can be avoided, just as drinking and driving can. I ride a motorcycle and see so many people on cell phones that don't even see me. It's scary, and not a whole lot different than drinking and driving.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a lot different.
It doesn't matter what state you are in if you get in an accident and were on the phone the officer CAN give you a ticket for distracted driving.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last Sunday night, I was laying in bed and heard a huge crash and then a horn blowing. I ran outside in my boxers and a pickup truck crashed into my breakwall! Some A-hole turned the wrong way leaving the corner bar and headed toward the lake and fell asleep. He ran thru my neighbors yard and landed sideways into my breakwall, about 40' from my bedroom! He was running down street by the time I got out there. He reported it stolen 2 hrs later. He had 2 prior DUI'S !, and killed someone in one of them! They eventually got him to confess.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't. I'm in the same boat so to speak as Audiofn. Debbie doesn't drink, so I always have a dd. If she can't go with me, I simply don't go out drinking. Not even one. I can't say I was always that way, the State of Florida made a believer out of me ten years ago. I got popped for a dui, and to be honest with you, in retrospect, it's probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It wasn't so much the punishment of the dui that made me make the decision to never drink and drive, believe it or not, it was the dui class. I then understood what a stupid, careless, and selfish act it is. I could not live with myself if I killed or injured someone because I figured I can handle it. I am truly thankful that my eyes were opened before something terrible happened. I even thought how sad my mom and dad would be if I killed myself being drunk while driving. Like I said, it's just plain selfish, putting your wants ahead of the rest of the world. The reason I don't even have one drink, is because I KNOW how I am. One's too many, and a thousand ain't enough. It's real easy for me to not take that first drink, but after the second drink, there's no stopping me. I'm the same way in the boat. Ask anyone who's ever boated with me if they have seen me even take a sip of beer while driving. You won't. Don't misunderstand me, I often tell Debbie that the only time I'm truly happy is when I'm drunk, but I will not endanger other people to make me truly happy.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

He blew a 1.3 got info tonight.And he was only 20 so he has been locked up twice before he can even legally drink.
Was also in a bar prior to accident ....underage drinking in bar
One kid still in hospital (punctured lung) among other things other two knee,ankle, face trama just left the girls house her father told me she keeps having nightmares and is in a lot of pain
I want to thank everyone who left intelligent replies.those who did not you are the problem with high performance boating.My point of this thread was to raise awareness.It was like 3:00AM and I was too wound up to sleep
So we have one 20 year old going to jail
and three kids that will be spending a lot of there teen years going to doctors and probable a few knee surgery's
Cab fare and picking you car up the next day dosen't seem like a big inconvenience compared to the alternative
Old 09-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered

For the record I don't drive or boat with any alcohol in me
Old 09-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't want out of control drunks on the road either but the breathalyzer method for determining how "drunk" someone is sucks. But, unfortunately it's all we have for now and it makes our government a lot of money!!!

Bottom line this guy screwed up big time and he does need to suffer the consequences.

As far as comparing cell phones, eating, etc while driving I totally agree. I think they pose a much bigger danger than the guy that just had three beers at dinner!

Quick Reply: Dwi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.