Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mobile Touch-up near Russell Springs, KY (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140792-mobile-touch-up-near-russell-springs-ky.html)

mcollinstn 09-18-2006 02:30 PM

Mobile Touch-up near Russell Springs, KY

Anybody know of a good mobile touch-up service near Russell Springs/Jamestown, KY?

I got into the bumper of a parked PT cruiser with the drive guard of a trailer @ the Jamestown launch ramp. Some staggering drunks blocked the ramp lane I needed and I had to change my angle at the last minute - and I let my attention wander from the mirrors just a touch too soon as I swung out of the access road. I have several guys around Nashville who do mobile paint and the going rate is +/- $150 for a scuff fix and reshoot on a urethane bumper.

The guy I scuffed is getting estimates and I want to be able to refer him to a good mobile unit that can come to him and save him the hassle of a body shop trip (and save me some $).

Any help is appreciated.
mc

sellsman11 09-18-2006 03:44 PM

Re: Mobile Touch-up near Russell Springs, KY

Sorry that happened to you. It was good to meet you at Cumberland. You should call "SKinny" Cundiff. 606-305-6731. He will probably know somebody that can help. Tell him Frankie at Pier 57 told you to call.

mcollinstn 09-18-2006 08:38 PM

Will do, Frankie. Enjoyed hanging out with you as well.
Boat wasn't on the trailer yet, and I just didn't give that last parked car enough clear space. I could gripe about the drunks blocking the ramp. I could gripe about the car being too close to the turn or too far off the Armco. I could gripe about missing the neckid show on that houseboat Friday night. I could gripe about the manager at the motel we stayed at (I believe I WILL gripe about that, but I'll wait and do it up right and post it here if I get a chance). But I thumped the car bumper with the drive guard. Nobody else did it. My bad. And I want to get the guy paid reasonably soon...

So far, I've located mobile touch up units around Bowling Green but seems the market grows slim as you travel east on the parkway. Some of the car lots I called had never heard of such.

If somebody wants to get into an untapped market and lives in that area, I've got a guy that can train him and set him up.

Will call Skinny, tho. Sounds like someone "who knows people"...

mc

open87 09-18-2006 08:45 PM

glad to see you back on here... you always gave good info...

f311fr1 09-18-2006 09:48 PM

Welcome back Mike. Joe Murray

mcollinstn 09-19-2006 06:08 PM

Thanks for the leads, guys, but the owner is insisting on using their local body shop. A $275 max job has turned into a $960.51 job.

After all, I guess since it is related to boating, it always has to be some multiple of a $$ thousand...

B.O.A.T
Break Out Another Thousand...

mc