Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   When is the best time to SELL a boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140865-when-best-time-sell-boat.html)

SS930 09-19-2006 08:55 AM

When is the best time to SELL a boat?

As stated, from a sellers point of view, when is the best time to try selling a boat to yield the highest traffic and profit? I'm in New England if that matters.

I have a Yamaha XR1800 jet boat that I've had sitting unused for two years now just taking up space so I need to start think about getting rid of it. Obviously since it's been sitting for this long I can wait to sell it in the spring if that's when you guys suggest selling.

Thanks for your input...

Tom A. 09-19-2006 08:58 AM

Re: When is the best time to SELL a boat?

Any time but now :( .....from one seller to another.

ratman 09-19-2006 09:04 AM

Obviously since it's been sitting for this long I can wait to sell it in the spring if that's when you guys suggest selling.
you just answered your own question, spring/tax refund time is about the best time to sell a boat

Pantera1 09-19-2006 09:06 AM

When its runnin good and the suns shinin :D

SS930 09-19-2006 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Any time but now :( .....from one seller to another.

LOL, I hear you Tom. I actually haven't tried selling my boat yet, I just haven't wanted to deal with the hastle... which is why it's been sitting for so long! I just have so many toys sitting around not being used that I HAVE to start cleaning up the toy box...

Pantera1 09-19-2006 09:10 AM

Is it listed anywhere ?

Sydwayz 09-19-2006 09:15 AM

How much $ ?

SS930 09-19-2006 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Is it listed anywhere ?

No, when I do I'll list it on a Yamaha jet boat website and probably ebay. I need to clean the boat up before I list it and once I do clean it I want it gone as it won't stay clean long (it's under trees). :D

SS930 09-19-2006 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
How much $ ?

Why, are you looking for one?

I honestly don't even have a clue what it's worth (I assumed it would be months before the market was prime to try selling it). The boat probably has less than 40 hours on it and is in great shape once it's all cleaned up.

Chris Sunkin 09-19-2006 09:46 AM

The best time to sell is the day after winning the lottery. Then the hit don't sting so much.