Notices

logo is done

Old 09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: logo is done

just my 2 cents <dot com> more prominent . I prefer customers go to the website first, collect as much info as they can, then they can make the initial contact by phone or e-mail
Old 09-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
thanks guys what do you think if we make the marine in mercury blue.
I think it would stand out that you are a marine business more. The "marine" in blue would be good.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
how about this
Look better but I would bring the bow of the boat down more. It took me awhile of staring at it to figure out what the graphic was.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Registered

I like the general overall appearance but I would tweek a few things to make it look a bit more professional.
I've done quite a few logos, they suck because it's always so much a matter of opinion. I've had some companies like the first thing out of the box and others I've had to make dozens of designs before they were happy.
I've found the 2 most important things are alignment and contrast. By contrast I mean both color and font selection.
With your design I would try right aligning everything. Make the right side of the d, E, and 8 line up. The .com can jump out to the right which will make it stand out more. I would be more concerned about the .com than the phone number. I never remember a phone number when I see it but I do think about checking something out on the web (where I know I will find the phone number).
Also the scew (slant) of the lettering should be either the same or way different. This is another example of contrast. If letters are going to slant different it should be obvious. I never use more than 2 different scew angles in the same logo
I also didn't notice that it was a boat on top but once I did I liked it a lot, so I would try to make it more of an obvious boat shape.
Last I would make the whole thing shorter and wider with more scew to give it a faster look.
Hope it helps,
Jay
Old 09-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Registered

Actually, a phone # isn't part of a logo, so I'm looking above that line. Might give a "speedier" look if the font for Aerospeed was canted a few more degrees to the right. Angle of Aerospeed and marine look to be a bit out of sync, make it look a little unbalanced. As long as it's still easy to read.
Another thing I'd definately do, is take your bottom red stripe preceding "marine" and extend it left, to the beginning of your A. Tha'd look cool.

Just nit-picking, and trying to help. Hell, I have zero taste, so take it for what it's worth.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:22 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

I like post #11
Old 09-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Registered

what about now....
Attached Thumbnails logo is done-aerospeed-logo9-large-.jpg  
Old 09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

I like the top more, the red in the A catches my attention, but i stop on it to try to figure out if it means something, but thats just me, I once slept in a Holiday Inn. Good Luck!