If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would Don be a member here?

45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah, all the cool kids are here.

23 51.11%
  • Nah, he was too cool for this place.

22 48.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    JC Performance Engines Gold Member Stormrider's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 28 Pantera
    Long Island, NY

Re: Poll: Would he or wouldn't he??

He'd just use it as a place to chat with his old bud's, like brownie and top banana, and some of his old customers, like MM and LS.

And maybe he'd tantalize us w/ his facinating stories.
    With great power, comes great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
    Fred just think of the knowledgeable people that look and don't post because of some yahoos that would cause confrontation with them.And picks of stuff there working on and some of the old picks they could post

Ive seen some people that have just a couple post or none and have been members since 2001

Some tried and just gave up.

I speak to people every week that have been lurkers from damn near day one.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Smarty's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Pitman, NJ

Mr Aronow was a good man. I met him when I was eight years old. My father purchased the first 20' he made so we came down from NJ to the factory to pick-up the boat (the whole family went to the factory - me, Mom, Dad, and my brother, and even though my father purchased the smallest boat he offered he treated us great. He let me (encouraged me) rummage through his desk for Cigarette stickers and other swag (shirts, license plate holders...), which as an eight year old I thought was the coolest. Byng Goode took me and my father for a ride in 28' with 350's and VolvoSpeedmaster outdrives - we got in a race, and he won, which again I thought was cool -that was the clincher for me, Cigarette and Aronow were my favorite.

Would he be a member here? - I would hope so, the stories he could tell about racing and boat-building. Those stories would be worth more than the membership fee OSO charges. Ever since age eight I have been a Cigarette fan - thanks to Don Aronow, I don't think he would post though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123